• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Here's the dark brown

And here's the caramel

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5TTCLqI5pT/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B43AXWXoB59/?utm_medium=copy_link

These are gorgeous! Do you maybe have the fabric code, SKU, or name Abraham Brown uses for the "caramel"? They have tobacco and camel (and dark brown, mid brown, and country brown), but not caramel. Thanks so much!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are gorgeous! Do you maybe have the fabric code, SKU, or name Abraham Brown uses for the "caramel"? They have tobacco and camel (and dark brown, mid brown, and country brown), but not caramel. Thanks so much!
Sure, here you are. The caramel jacket was RTW.
IMG_20210726_133025.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see how many people have seemingly opted for the pants only option with the bottle green Fresco. I would have assumed the jackets would be a hotter ticket item, relatively speaking.

Also, has anybody posted photos of the Cerruti wool/silk jacket? Curious how purplish it resolves.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see how many people have seemingly opted for the pants only option with the bottle green Fresco. I would have assumed the jackets would be a hotter ticket item, relatively speaking.

Also, has anybody posted photos of the Cerruti wool/silk jacket? Curious how purplish it resolves.
Here you are. Together with the popular E. Thomas navy in the last three pics. It's not any other navy jacket. Different enough to be a keeper imo.
IMG_20210706_205210.jpg
IMG_20210707_061431.jpg
IMG_20210707_061435.jpg
IMG_20210707_061443.jpg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I Believe S$M Has Sold A Lot Of Green SC (imho) Past 2 Seasons, May Be The Reasoning & Price, That SC Is Suit Pricing, Just Recieved The Trousers And They Are Sweet. The Website In Color (Bright) Doesn't Help Either, I Think People Are Having A Hard Time Wearing (imho) As A Suit, NO PROLBEM HERE! SC To Follow... :fistbump:

Cerruti, [USER=154632]@DonRaphael I Believe This Young Man Has It... :fonz:

Edit; I Love All Things Green!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you are. Together with the popular E. Thomas navy in the last three pics. It's not any other navy jacket. Different enough to be a keeper imo.
View attachment 1644471 View attachment 1644472 View attachment 1644474 View attachment 1644475
Cheers. Still annoyed I never picked up that ET one. Hung around for sooooo long, and just never pulled the trigger. Big mistake on my part.
Fair to consider the Cerruti a mix of grape and faded navy? Like you said, certainly not your typical navy, but curious if I'm honing in on the right mix of color.
I Believe S$M Has Sold A Lot Of Green SC (imho) Past 2 Seasons, May Be The Reasoning & Price, That SC Is Suit Pricing, Just Recieved The Trousers And They Are Sweet. The Website In Color (Bright) Doesn't Help Either, I Think People Are Having A Hard Time Wearing (imho) As A Suit, NO PROLBEM HERE! SC To Follow... :fistbump:

Cerruti, [USER=154632]@DonRaphael I Believe This Young Man Has It... :fonz:

Edit; I Love All Things Green!
Probably fair. I think it would make for a killer suit. Had I not purchased the Minnis Emerald Linen, I would have purchased it straightaway. No buyer's remorse with the Emerald, of course, but I am a slut for high twist fabric. I'll keep an eye to see if any of the trews come back in stock.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers. Still annoyed I never picked up that ET one. Hung around for sooooo long, and just never pulled the trigger. Big mistake on my part.
Fair to consider the Cerruti a mix of grape and faded navy? Like you said, certainly not your typical navy, but curious if I'm honing in on the right mix of color.
The Cerrutti is a faded navy, yes. It's almost steel-ish in shade as it features a hint of grey. In that aspect, it's colder in shade than a typical navy.

When I first saw the jacket I immediately thought that it'll look great with a matt smoke grey pair of trousers rather than your typical light grey trousers since it's colder. Still waiting for a pair in the former colour to arrive so I can combine them.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably fair. I think it would make for a killer suit. Had I not purchased the Minnis Emerald Linen, I would have purchased it straightaway. No buyer's remorse with the Emerald, of course, but I am a slut for high twist fabric. I'll keep an eye to see if any of the trews come back in stock.

I Too Have The Emerald Green Suit As Well, You Nailed It Here, But For The Right Price, I'll Own 4 Green (S$M) Suits...

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The jacket feels more comfortable than the navy hopsack I have from S&M. It drapes better and casts a nice silhouette. Keep in mind that I've only worn this suit twice since buying the item and am still feeling it out however it is great so far.

One would hope that for the price difference there are discernable differences. Good to know there are. ;)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My gripe with their chinos every single year the fit is different. One year it's too loose from the previous year. The next time it's too tight either in the seat or waist. It's always something.

I hope they nail it down as I like the quality and price can't beat but it's very inconsistent.

Just looking for all year round chinos that are mid rise that fit well.

Size is consistent now from SS20. No changes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads