• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just Got This Notice On (2) Of The Three Suits, I'm So Happy That I Can't Find My Wallet!

You signed up for a notification on our website when an item came back in stock in your size

1626901020050.png

milktoast

Reaction score
^ I'm hoping I get such a notification soon about some chinos and shoes I've had my eyes on. Fingers crossed. :bigstar:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't sitting at or near the belly button the whole point of high rise pants? Or at least clearing the top of the hip bone? If they're not meant to sit over the hip bone they shouldn't be called high rise.
I wonder if this is the vocal minority speaking up in terms of wanting a much higher rise.

An 11.5" rise on size 34 contemporary hits near my belly button, and is also what I get from my tailor.

Proportions matter a lot here. I'm mostly leg with not a lot of torso.

beanmachine314

Reaction score
I wonder if this is the vocal minority speaking up in terms of wanting a much higher rise.

An 11.5" rise on size 34 contemporary hits near my belly button, and is also what I get from my tailor.

Proportions matter a lot here. I'm mostly leg with not a lot of torso.

This is the real issue here. I'm 6' 3" and wear a 38 with 30.5" inseam. I really need a front rise close to 14" to get comfortably to my actual waist and to not feel like my nads are in a vise. I'm sure we are a minority, but an "Extra High Rise" sure would be nice.

Edit: I would also appreciate a 46 XL jacket as well lol.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the rise on the chinos were slightly higher I wouldn't be upset. But nothing like urkel high rise.

I'm perfectly happy with a proper mid rise.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strategy! (Open Browser) Suit Sale Is Coming! :brick:

1626909002814.png

Green Cotton Trousers, Excluded From Sale!

Flash Me!

Rassul-3D

Reaction score

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you ever pick up the navy seersucker suit? Im considering it right now but Im wondering if the shade navy is lighter than the guabello navy

Yes, Don't Wait! Dark Blue, This Thing Is Awesome And So Is The Green From Last Year! ? ? ?

Edit; I Don't Think I've Ever Returned S$M Suit Because I Didn't Like It, Sizing Only When I Do Return And I'm Dailed In Now, Go Get That Suit!... :fonz:

I'm Sure I Have That Suit (guabello navy), This SS Is Darker!

Last edited:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads