• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
would be very curious to know how much of S&M's sales come from the SF and iGent crowd. The obvious problem with increasing the rise further is alienating customers who aren't looking for trousers to reach their navel.
This. Most guys have just started warming to a higher rise.

Here is the thing. We almost always sell out of the high-rise. That's why they usually don't make it to a sale until there are scraps left. It would be foolish to go higher and risk alienating the broader market.
Isn't sitting at or near the belly button the whole point of high rise pants? Or at least clearing the top of the hip bone? If they're not meant to sit over the hip bone they shouldn't be called high rise.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is the thing. We almost always sell out of the high-rise. That's why they usually don't make it to a sale until there are scraps left. It would be foolish to go higher and risk alienating the broader market.

We Are Your Broader Market! Time For A Poll, I'll Need (3) Votes, Thanks...

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits Are Up, And It's Very Disappointing, (3) Suits I Thought Was In Inventory, Sold Out, S$M, We Need To Do Better With Product And Inventory Website, Wow!

1626890972967.png

conak

Reaction score
Suits Are Up, And It's Very Disappointing, (3) Suits I Thought Was In Inventory, Sold Out, S$M, We Need To Do Better With Product And Inventory Website, Wow!

View attachment 1642230

I don't think they're done. Some suits show up in the New Arrivals, but I still see the inventory notice for the main suit dropdown.

Last edited:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they're done. Some suits show up in the New Arrivals, but I still see the inventory notice for the min suit dropdown.
This Is Most Confusing, I Have A Headache From That Brick Wall And Now I Can't Find My Wallet, Sorry, Suits Are Not Up!
1626892444070.png

Last edited:

JayDee90

Reaction score

Is it possible that current demand is simply because of the competitiveness of your offering? i.e. finding even remotely high-rise trousers OTR with a comparable quality/price ratio is tough. Not necessarily that there isn't a demand for a higher rise?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new MTO suit offers are lit. Really digging this one amongst others. Will be difficult to pass it up.

The grey PoW and glen check options are amazing as well. I acquired them during the last free full canvas upgrade promo.

Not sure about the VBC navy and green windowpanes as suits, however. It takes guts to pull them off. I have them as jackets and love them. If someone commissiones any as a suit, please make sure to post pics. You might change my mind.

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that current demand is simply because of the competitiveness of your offering? i.e. finding even remotely high-rise trousers OTR with a comparable quality/price ratio is tough. Not necessarily that there isn't a demand for a higher rise?
Nobody is saying there is no demand for a higher rise trouser. But if Rick is telling us that he is able to sell virtually every ‘high-rise’ trouser that he is currently making, please clarify what the business upside is to him to increasing the rise?
I bet Coca-Cola had similar discussions about New Coke.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Nobody is saying there is no demand for a higher rise trouser. But if Rick is telling us that he is able to sell virtually every ‘high-rise’ trouser that he is currently making, please clarify what the business upside is to him to increasing the rise?
I bet Coca-Cola had similar discussions about New Coke.
My question wasn't rhetorical. My point was that the product may have the potential to be improved and that current demand is not necessarily tied to solely the current product but also to the alternatives available in the market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads