• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the 100% Linen trousers fit TTS? I figured wearing denim at work all summer would be fine, but underestimated the heat of a 40kW transmitter in a building with no AC
Anyone with the linen trousers here?

Jlee80

Reaction score
The spier is a whole other level. I’m probably going to try MTM at some point during fall if they bring anything crazy by e Thomas or something
Sometimes you just know the moment you put a garment on… that’s how the Spier MTO felt

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say TTS for non-work purposes.

I'd size up or two for a labour job. I can't imagine working in close fitting linen.
Was just wondering if these mainly were also fitted smaller due to garment wash or if that was just high rise. I don't see it on the page, but forget if Rick said these were sized small also

Gabagool

Reaction score
Hey all, 5'7 125lbs here. I measured myself and I'm slightly in between sizes 34/36 in slim for suiting (just the regular black, navy and charcoal suits.); can anyone here of a similar build chime in on fit? Thanks!

dogjaeja

Reaction score
Hey all, 5'7 125lbs here. I measured myself and I'm slightly in between sizes 34/36 in slim for suiting (just the regular black, navy and charcoal suits.); can anyone here of a similar build chime in on fit? Thanks!
When I was 135lbs @ 5'9 I was going for the 34 jackets w/28 pants... good shoulder, chest, and sleeve fit OTR for me at the time.

But now I'm +10 to 15lbs and have been working out a bit more - so I've had to open some of them up for chest & back gains.
Have recently been accumulating more sport coats in 36 and altering them down a bit.
Luckily most of the 34 buys were sportscoats to mix with my collection of 28,29,30 waisted pants.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm 5'7" 145lb and 36R or 36S, so I would think you're definitely 34 and depends on how long your leg is R or S

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hugely in favour of S&M vs SuSu as well price, quality and (general) fit wise. Although, their RTW DBs fits me great. No alterations needed whatsoever. Actually wearing one of their DBs today. With S&M, I always need to shorten the sleeves. But that's a minor concern.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore Spier fresco jacket and trousers to the office today in the rain.

29C8FB34-1130-4E86-BBB0-C1E69D1A8E7E.jpeg ED6BDC08-7559-4E12-9F36-46579C802D89.jpeg B4F8CE0A-E1D9-4CAA-A981-207DAB50621A.jpeg

c.bisesar

Reaction score
I've emailed Spier support but I imagine they're pretty swamped so maybe I can get some insight here.

These are listed at $498 CAD but no matter which way you customize it, the final price is $598 CAD. Just curious where the pricing error is happening before I purchase one.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've emailed Spier support but I imagine they're pretty swamped so maybe I can get some insight here.

These are listed at $498 CAD but no matter which way you customize it, the final price is $598 CAD. Just curious where the pricing error is happening before I purchase one.

Maybe it is meant to be $498 USD?

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Double-breasted Solaro is shipped and forecasted to arrive on Monday. I've got my fingers crossed on this one. First DB from Spier and I'm excited to see the material in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads