• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in a tropical country, and I recently removed the lining for my VBC Fresco and Fox Air trousers. I really does make a huge difference compared to my lined Frescos. And the mild scratchy feeling does not really bother me as compared to the sweaty thigh due to the lining. I plan to remove the lining on my other frescos.
Re: lining- I haven’t removed any linings or noticed any heat issues from having it there. I would imagine the removing the lining might cause the thighs of the pants to wear out prematurely- just thinking about the friction of leg hair against the interior of the fabric
Hmm, both really good points for either side.

I'll ask my tailor and see what he thinks.

Dennis77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been searching for quite a while for a suitable replacement for my budget friendly shirts from TM Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt ( I live in UK ) and decided to pull the trigger on Spier and Mackay .

The shirts arrived in my country a week later after the initial ordering which was a nice suprise. I'm overall quite pleased with the fit and quality of the shirt , definitely a big improvement ( in my humble opinion ) from my TM Lewin and CT shirts.

There are some minor issues which I suspect could probably be solved if I try their MTM program.
I've got a wrist that measures 7 inch and I'm a huge watch lover. Sadly the cuffs on all the shirts that I've ordered are a bit too restrictive and I struggle to fit a watch underneath my left arm.

Any tips on how much watch tolerance should I ask for on my left wrist cuff so I can avoid this problem?

On a second note , could anyone please post some pictures with a shirt that features their C4 collar ( Contemporary Spread ) and C9 collar ( Contemporary Semi Spread ) ? Thank you :) .

image1 (1).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg

Austinjhutch

Reaction score
Alright boys, once upon a time you told me about cavour and I listened. Now, I finally scooped some SM trousers, three pairs of linen (green high rise, sondrio dark brown high rise, flax brown linen) in 34 slim. I am 6'3" 185lbs, am a pretty slim person, but I have a pair of red cavour linen pants in 48 from last summer that are still too tight to wear, which worries me about getting all these in slim, but whatever. The flax ones in particular look like they run tight, but 35 was suspiciously sold out and not 34 so again, whatever. I am hoping to rock these 3 pairs for the rest of the summer, fingers crossed. $283 shipped for all 3 pairs after the flash discount.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Maybe not the right place for it… but I’ve learned to trust my gut and stick with S&M… not trying to bash but SuitSupply MTO was a stupid and expensive decision to roll with. Lessons learned I suppose…

good news is my S&M MTO should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been searching for quite a while for a suitable replacement for my budget friendly shirts from TM Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt ( I live in UK ) and decided to pull the trigger on Spier and Mackay .

The shirts arrived in my country a week later after the initial ordering which was a nice suprise. I'm overall quite pleased with the fit and quality of the shirt , definitely a big improvement ( in my humble opinion ) from my TM Lewin and CT shirts.

There are some minor issues which I suspect could probably be solved if I try their MTM program.
I've got a wrist that measures 7 inch and I'm a huge watch lover. Sadly the cuffs on all the shirts that I've ordered are a bit too restrictive and I struggle to fit a watch underneath my left arm.

Any tips on how much watch tolerance should I ask for on my left wrist cuff so I can avoid this problem?

On a second note , could anyone please post some pictures with a shirt that features their C4 collar ( Contemporary Spread ) and C9 collar ( Contemporary Semi Spread ) ? Thank you :) .

View attachment 1627412 View attachment 1627413

I experience the same, a few others on here have mentioned it too and I believe it is/was being looked into.

My last batch of denim shirts came with ideal cuff measurements so I thought they had been revised, however my most recent order of the Cooper collar shirts have a smaller cuff circumference making them a bit snug with a dress watch.

For custom, I'd probably add 0.75" on the left cuff.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the 100% Linen trousers fit TTS? I figured wearing denim at work all summer would be fine, but underestimated the heat of a 40kW transmitter in a building with no AC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads