• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised to find the VBC frescos are lined in the front. Wouldn't this make them wear much warmer?

Has anyone had the lining removed?

@orange fury
@wilcthree

Fresco can be a bit itchy. Good quality lining adds very little warmth. All my fresco trousers are made with lining to the top of the knee and I would not change them.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresco can be a bit itchy. Good quality lining adds very little warmth. All my fresco trousers are made with lining to the top of the knee and I would not change them.
Same. I haven’t messed with the lining in any of my frescos. All good here.
Alright, will keep the lining, thanks for the tips guys.

HotDoc

Reaction score
Surprised to find the VBC frescos are lined in the front. Wouldn't this make them wear much warmer?

Has anyone had the lining removed?

@orange fury
@wilcthree

I live in a tropical country, and I recently removed the lining for my VBC Fresco and Fox Air trousers. I really does make a huge difference compared to my lined Frescos. And the mild scratchy feeling does not really bother me as compared to the sweaty thigh due to the lining. I plan to remove the lining on my other frescos.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in a tropical country, and I recently removed the lining for my VBC Fresco and Fox Air trousers. I really does make a huge difference compared to my lined Frescos. And the mild scratchy feeling does not really bother me as compared to the sweaty thigh due to the lining. I plan to remove the lining on my other frescos.
Any noticeable difference with regards to drape?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which season do your FOX AIR trousers come from? I just bought mine this year and none of them have linings…

HotDoc

Reaction score
Any noticeable difference with regards to drape?

Not that I'm aware of.

Which season do your FOX AIR trousers come from? I just bought mine this year and none of them have linings…

This season. I'm pretty sure it had lining. The photo shows the remnant of the lining removed by my tailor. IMG_20210619_200119.jpg

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: lining- I haven’t removed any linings or noticed any heat issues from having it there. I would imagine the removing the lining might cause the thighs of the pants to wear out prematurely- just thinking about the friction of leg hair against the interior of the fabric

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My fox air from this year are lined to the knee. I definitely think they would be too rough/scratchy for me to enjoy them without the lining. It’s a fairly dry/rough fabric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads