• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just recieved my solaro single breasted suit in 40l. I am a bit unsure about keeping it. If anyone in europe or Norway are interested in taking it of my hands drop me a DM

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reporting back with pictures of my other pairs. Interestingly enough it seems that the pair I posted earlier (taupe quest cotton) may be a bit tighter than the others since the rest fit a little bit better, not perfect, but certainly better.
Pics are navy linen, olive linen, olive QC, brown QC. So yeah, after seeing these in a better light, I think I’ll try 33 in whatever I can find online. Perhaps I can try to let out the seat on these if I do need to later on.

Replying to your note about the flat fronts being a bit tight... My tailor discussed this with me last week, as he has worked on both the high rise and flat front iterations of the side tab trousers. I typically go for 32 contemporary in both styles. He notes that the high rise with pleats in this size has adequate room and requires minimal adjustments in the seat/thigh/crotch area. The high rise in 32 contemporary give me minimal to no issues at all; I can attest the drape tends to work out better with those style/cut of trew. I own several pair and those that have (1 pair) given me probs were likely cut on the smaller side of factory tolerances. With the side tab flat fronts in that size, he suggests I go up one size to a 33 contemporary and let him do his magic. He notes that there is less room in the crotch/seat/thigh area in the flat fronts vs. the same size in the 32 contemporary high rise pleat. This is likely owing to a combination of factors such as the pleat naturally provides more in this area, the rise, and the overall cut being different from flat front. I wore my dark brown flat front fresco trews yesterday he tailored and though they were okay, I largely experienced what you did with the crotch/thigh/drape, despite repeatedly telling myself they're passable; truly speaking, they just didn't have that comfort/drape factor I typically get when wearing SM high rise pleats in my typical size. I recently bought a handful of flat fronts in 32 contemporary and wish I knew this before. This is all to say, that like you I will probably go up a size when experimenting with flat front side tabs. Or, I will look into having them made via MTO (increasing the rise, seat, & hip measurement), or just buy both sizes in the flat front to see which works better.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Replying to your note about the flat fronts being a bit tight... My tailor discussed this with me last week, as he has worked on both the high rise and flat front iterations of the side tab trousers. I typically go for 32 contemporary in both styles. He notes that the high rise with pleats in this size has adequate room and requires minimal adjustments in the seat/thigh/crotch area. The high rise in 32 contemporary give me minimal to no issues at all; I can attest the drape tends to work out better with those style/cut of trew. I own several pair and those that have (1 pair) given me probs were likely cut on the smaller side of factory tolerances. With the side tab flat fronts in that size, he suggests I go up one size to a 33 contemporary and let him do his magic. He notes that there is less room in the crotch/seat/thigh area in the flat fronts vs. the same size in the 32 contemporary high rise pleat. This is likely owing to a combination of factors such as the pleat naturally provides more in this area, the rise, and the overall cut being different from flat front. I wore my dark brown flat front fresco trews yesterday he tailored and though they were okay, I largely experienced what you did with the crotch/thigh/drape, despite repeatedly telling myself they're passable; truly speaking, they just didn't have that comfort/drape factor I typically get when wearing SM high rise pleats in my typical size. I recently bought a handful of flat fronts in 32 contemporary and wish I knew this before. This is all to say, that like you I will probably go up a size when experimenting with flat front side tabs. Or, I will look into having them made via MTO (increasing the rise, seat, & hip measurement), or just buy both sizes in the flat front to see which works better.
That’s a great explanation. Exactly my concern, they fit “fine” but I’m not getting the drape I want. If 33 is still too tight and 34 is too loose I may just have to cut my loses and go MTO as well

hamish5178

Reaction score

? looking to sell any of those 32s, or are they heavily altered?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

. :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

dangaa

Reaction score
1623872300192.png

Well-played, Rick @spiermackay

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those of you that have recieved your solaro suit, what are your thoughts about the fabric?

@spiermackay
I find the fabric a more red than anticipated. How would you wear and match the solaro suit?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reporting back with pictures of my other pairs. Interestingly enough it seems that the pair I posted earlier (taupe quest cotton) may be a bit tighter than the others since the rest fit a little bit better, not perfect, but certainly better.
Pics are navy linen, olive linen, olive QC, brown QC. So yeah, after seeing these in a better light, I think I’ll try 33 in whatever I can find online. Perhaps I can try to let out the seat on these if I do need to later on.

Beautiful T-Shirt, I'd Wear It With Some Cream High Rise With Side Tabs Trousers, Just To Hold Jimi Down! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colour. Very different. This is a clay solaro. Very warm and earthy. Also made by Drago vs. Angelico. This IMO has much more impact. The red really shines through at certain angles and get wonderful shimmers of green. Really a great fabric.

Should be here soon. We're shooting the pics today.
Can you please show pics of this?

My camera is not very good, but I have tried. As Rick says the red shines through and the color is warmer than many solaros pictured online. I have never handled solaro earlier and was a bit surprised by the effect.

I dont know if these pictures adds anything to the S&M webshop pictures. These are taken indoors without sun light.

IMG_20210617_091413.jpg
IMG_20210615_201053.jpg
IMG_20210617_091355.jpg
IMG_20210617_091351.jpg
IMG_20210615_201158.jpg
IMG_20210615_201144.jpg
IMG_20210615_201136.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads