• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it this seasons? Not sure if it’s the post editing but looks very gray, seems to be a much more rich olive green in their website. Regardless, looks great. How do you like it?

Yes, it's this seasons - i'd say my pics are accurate, very little editing has been applied to them. Taken under natural daylight and a softbox running at 20% output.

For me, the shade of green was exactly what I was looking for, it's a bit more conservative than last years emerald linen and green seersucker.

SteveMc

Reaction score
First wear - white cooper collar shirt, paired with S&M brown fresco pants and brown suede loafers

1623786184580.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had like 5 shirts MTO’d in western style from Oxford to Twill to Linen. Just specified western style with pearl snaps in comments. Turned out amazing. My favorite shirts.
So the MTO process, just push Buy and wait a couple months for delivery of a finished shirt, or is there more back and forth?

JorgeAGR

Reaction score
@spiermackay Good day, I got two questions for y'all:

1) Any plans for a raincoat of sorts coming soon?
2) When ordering an MTO suit with the English cut, would it be possible to request it to be double breasted in the notes?

Thanks! You guys keep doing what you're doing.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest whether I should stick with my current size (32 contemporary) or size up and take in the waist and lower leg? My thighs are too damn thick for these and it seems to affect my ability to keep my crotch looking normal. I can’t seem to put my phone and wallet in the pockets but then again I’d rather not do that anyways. I mean some pics they look great, and they’re not uncomfortable per se, I just wonder if a bigger size would fit me better. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 7E5C5402-93CB-4659-8AC3-BF6BB540D469.jpeg
    7E5C5402-93CB-4659-8AC3-BF6BB540D469.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 8AAEFF28-A6ED-4687-8EC3-899A313E3777.jpeg
    8AAEFF28-A6ED-4687-8EC3-899A313E3777.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 68
  • B6C37F8C-5770-4793-AB41-EB6485508681.jpeg
    B6C37F8C-5770-4793-AB41-EB6485508681.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 2E0B1C50-E42C-424C-AA1A-A0EADEBC9180.jpeg
    2E0B1C50-E42C-424C-AA1A-A0EADEBC9180.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 71
  • BB54E7A1-1C7F-4976-8616-B40FAAB5B200.jpeg
    BB54E7A1-1C7F-4976-8616-B40FAAB5B200.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 7D41FEE7-1491-4017-A827-A2C98CBCB48D.jpeg
    7D41FEE7-1491-4017-A827-A2C98CBCB48D.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 80

dangaa

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest whether I should stick with my current size (32 contemporary) or size up and take in the waist and lower leg? My thighs are too damn thick for these and it seems to affect my ability to keep my crotch looking normal. I can’t seem to put my phone and wallet in the pockets but then again I’d rather not do that anyways. I mean some pics they look great, and they’re not uncomfortable per se, I just wonder if a bigger size would fit me better. Thoughts?

I would size up and take in the waist if you need to. You gain an extra half inch in the thighs as well.

They look tight right now in the seat and I cant imagine sitting down in those.

MrFingers

Reaction score
I would size up and take in the waist if you need to. You gain an extra half inch in the thighs as well.

They look tight right now in the seat and I cant imagine sitting down in those.
You think a 33 would do the trick? Or try the 34? I really should’ve taken better pics before hemming these :(

dangaa

Reaction score
You think a 33 would do the trick? Or try the 34? I really should’ve taken better pics before hemming these :(

I think if you go up two sizes the pockets may start to flare out but I can't speak from personal experience. Whether or not the tabs will hold the pants up is another issue (especially as you haven't mentioned the 32 waist being too tight).

I've only gone up one size myself. I suppose as these are flat front and not pleated you might be able to get away with it. At this point you may as well order both to try for future reference (assuming sizes are available still).

I'm sure someone has gone through the exercise on here.

Have you thought about letting the seat out? I've done that successfully with SM pants and it might be just enough to salvage these (assuming you aren't comfortable wearing them as-is).

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(imho) I Would Size Up, Your (cooper) Shirt Is Relaxed, You Don't Want Your Trousers To Be Tight, This Looks Tight... :fonz:

MrFingers

Reaction score
I think if you go up two sizes the pockets may start to flare out but I can't speak from personal experience. Whether or not the tabs will hold the pants up is another issue (especially as you haven't mentioned the 32 waist being too tight).

I've only gone up one size myself. I suppose as these are flat front and not pleated you might be able to get away with it. At this point you may as well order both to try for future reference (assuming sizes are available still).

I'm sure someone has gone through the exercise on here.

Have you thought about letting the seat out? I've done that successfully with SM pants and it might be just enough to salvage these (assuming you aren't comfortable wearing them as-is).
I wasn’t aware I could let out the seat! That may just work.
Waist fits perfect, sitting down isn’t terrible or anything, just tight. But i may just do that and call it a day with these. I’ll try both 34 and 33 on a few pairs and see what works best

dangaa

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware I could let out the seat! That may just work.
Waist fits perfect, sitting down isn’t terrible or anything, just tight. But i may just do that and call it a day with these. I’ll try both 34 and 33 on a few pairs and see what works best

Rick may be able to tell you exactly how much you can let out in the seat. I let out the waist and had the seat taken out at the same time.

If I recall correctly it was on a pair of coverts from last season that didn't have too much give in the fabric. Worked like a charm.

Good luck and report back!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads