• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t fully on board with getting the linen sc this year due to the wrinkles but you’ve convinced me. Also man.. if only there was a way I could get my hands on those sondrio linen pants.. slept on them and knew I shouldn’t have

Linen SC's will still wrinkle, but the linen is much heavier than shirts typically are and don't wrinkle as much (in my experience at least). It was warm today, but much better than a wool jacket.

These Sondrio's are some of my favorites- I should've bought a backup pair of the cream but went with the tan.

MrFingers

Reaction score
Linen SC's will still wrinkle, but the linen is much heavier than shirts typically are and don't wrinkle as much (in my experience at least). It was warm today, but much better than a wool jacket.

These Sondrio's are some of my favorites- I should've bought a backup pair of the cream but went with the tan.
Agreed, I’ll prolly double down and get both navy and green. Hoping for tobacco or brown at some point. Houston is already at 100+ and it physically hurts..

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I’ll prolly double down and get both navy and green. Hoping for tobacco or brown at some point. Houston is already at 100+ and it physically hurts..

This is my favorite time of the year (see my earlier comment about living in aloha shirts if I could), but I'll admit its been excessive the past couple days

apd90700

Reaction score
Custom shirt just arrived, looking pretty good! Need to get it ironed and everything before posting a fit pic.

Anyone else have experience with lifting the arms on a new shirt and having the sleeve material push under the shoulder seam on the top of the shoulder? Seems like it's just the stiffness of the material fresh out of packaging, but wondered if anyone had seen that before?

MrFingers

Reaction score
This is my favorite time of the year (see my earlier comment about living in aloha shirts if I could), but I'll admit its been excessive the past couple days
Haha! It’s all downhill from here until Nov anyways. Here’s to hoping hopsacks and linen save the day. First summer I’ll live wearing sartorial and tailoring

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha! It’s all downhill from here until Nov anyways. Here’s to hoping hopsacks and linen save the day. First summer I’ll live wearing sartorial and tailoring

haha hopsack is only okay if you spend most of the day indoors. Linen or linen blends are ideal, but if you're outside, losing the jacket is the most ideal thing (if you can).

That's where Spier has been a godsend- so many makers will utilize linen, then pad the hell out of it and throw in a full lining (like my old seersucker suit). It's not just the fabric choice, it's the construction details.

MrFingers

Reaction score
haha hopsack is only okay if you spend most of the day indoors. Linen or linen blends are ideal, but if you're outside, losing the jacket is the most ideal thing (if you can).

That's where Spier has been a godsend- so many makers will utilize linen, then pad the hell out of it and throw in a full lining (like my old seersucker suit). It's not just the fabric choice, it's the construction details.
In response to that, how does your SM seersucker suit do compared to SM linen counterparts?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got my high rise shorts today but they're too tight for the same size as chinos or trousers. Does anyone else notice that? It sucks that now all the sizes are sold out so I cant even exchange for larger sizes
I had the same issue but with the regular ones. Grabbed my regular size but those were to tight at the waist and hips.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue but with the regular ones. Grabbed my regular size but those were to tight at the waist and hips.
The regular shorts have a waist that is 0.5" smaller than the normal chinos. This works with me as fits about a size smaller, which is my perfect size. If the normal chinos fit you perfectly, you probably have to size up and take in waist.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cream Shorts Are Nice!

Are We Still Making Request For Changes?

1.) Lenghten The Shorts By 1inch (Fab 5)

2.) Make The Cuffs 2 1/4 inches Deep

3.) 1st Step, Would Love 2 1/2 inch Cuffs On These...

What are Your (SF) Thoughts?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In response to that, how does your SM seersucker suit do compared to SM linen counterparts?

seersucker is slightly lighter in weight, but linen seems to have a more open weave. Both wear cool, but I probably reach for my navy linen jacket most because, with pants like the Sondrio, it’s basically a summer version of the blazer/chinos “uniform”.That said, the honey-color linen/silk blend suit from a couple years ago is lighter and cooler than both options- it’s incredible.

I should add- all of these options are cooler than pure cotton suiting I’ve owned in the past (in before someone responds about seersucker being 100% cotton- yes, I know, and the seersucker weave is cooler than twill cotton).

Edit: I’ve got to give a shout-out to these linen shirts. I threw on shorts, lost the undershirt and rolled up the sleeves for an after-work cigar and glass of tequila on my patio, and it’s remarkably comfortable and fits perfectly. The cuffs, unlike my linen/cotton popovers, actually can accommodate my big-ass Doxa:
849656B1-9A3E-4B65-979E-EB85027B77AA.jpeg

Last edited:

MrFingers

Reaction score
seersucker is slightly lighter in weight, but linen seems to have a more open weave. Both wear cool, but I probably reach for my navy linen jacket most because, with pants like the Sondrio, it’s basically a summer version of the blazer/chinos “uniform”.That said, the honey-color linen/silk blend suit from a couple years ago is lighter and cooler than both options- it’s incredible.

I should add- all of these options are cooler than pure cotton suiting I’ve owned in the past (in before someone responds about seersucker being 100% cotton- yes, I know, and the seersucker weave is cooler than twill cotton)
Pics of this magical honey jacket you speak of? Yes, after owning a seersucker shirt, a linen and a cotton one.. seersucker is think but not more open weave than linen. I had the seersucker on my wishlist but I think I’ll settle for the linen counterpart. Perhaps I’ll try a fresco suit instead

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads