• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viatu

Reaction score
If I purchase a MTO sportcoat and I don't choose any customization options will the sport coat I receive have the features as it is pictured? Also, why can I purchase a size 54 MTO but there's no size 54 if I go the customization route?

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So after wearing the shirt jacket today I really enjoyed it. However, would prefer the cuff to be a touch larger.

Is there a reason they don’t have a Gauntlet Button, @spiermackay?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S$M, You Knocked It Out The Park With These Items

(2) Coopers, (1) Yellow (LG) Polo, (1) Tie- Olive, Brown And Taupe Stripe And The Cream Shorts.

Fellows, Don't Sleep On The Hand Made Ties...

I Think The Polo Is More Of A Mustard Color, If That Helps, It Is Sweet, Waiting On The Collar Too Take Flight, They Are Hugh, And I Love It...

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DO NOT SHOOT ME, BUT....

Which of these would you wear as either a sport coat OR with the matching SHORTS? I'm a huge fan of DB, and I have yet to try out a SM DB jacket. However.... I think the neo would also be nicer to wear with the shorts (and may be cooler when it is warm outside).

View attachment 1623371 View attachment 1623372
I would do either of the above as a summer sport coat without hesitation, but I think the DB in particular is fantastic! So many nice DB options by S&M this season! (that light blue herringbone in the Sale MTO section being another one)

With shorts? neither. but thats just me. :lol: The DB in particular gives you a lot of fabric on top which is not balanced by enough on the lower half with shorts.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The flash sales right now are putting the pressure on my wallet big time!
MTO SCs that have been reduced include some fantastic fabrics. That VBC black watch for later this year seems like a No Brainer at this price, 380 US clams
tenor.gif

@spiermackay, the light blue DB herringbone has been on my radar since you posted the photo on the website. But Q, the photo is 6x2 and the description is 4x2. If I push Buy Now with no adjustments, which are they delivering? On your list of patterns it looks like the Traditional Peak Lapel pattern, with the lower gorge, is the one to pick if you want 6 buttons and unpadded shirred shoulders (my pref).

what are you projecting for delivery times with this factory? are they running full capacity for you now? A summer fabric ordered now, will we have it before summer is out or ?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$100 off weekend flash sale on select sportcoats just started. Just grabbed this. I'm thinking of it with a really beautiful pair of Air Force blue Zanella trousers that I just picked up from being finished by Nick at Oak Street Tailors.

SpierAndMackay21SS_6684F-300-13_27824-Edit.jpg

BTW, here are the Air Force Blue Zanellas that I'm thinking will be the go-to's for this jacket. What say thee, SF?
ByuUwF.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the sand herringbone and the af blue trousers? Yeah I'd wear them! :thumbs-up:
It will be hard to make a mistake with that jacket.

Thanks. The photo really doesn't do the trousers justice. I put a navy suit behind for contrast, but it still doesn't bring out how vibrant the color is. Instantly, they have become my favorite pair of dress trousers.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would do either of the above as a summer sport coat without hesitation, but I think the DB in particular is fantastic! So many nice DB options by S&M this season! (that light blue herringbone in the Sale MTO section being another one)

With shorts? neither. but thats just me. :lol: The DB in particular gives you a lot of fabric on top which is not balanced by enough on the lower half with shorts.

Yup. I went with the neo. I also bought one of the indigo linen short sleeved shirts to wear under it. I have high hopes.

JIMIG

Reaction score
@spiermackay If I have understood correctly, there is a sack jacket coming this FW? Can you share more info about it? Styling details? Fabric? Matching trousers?

Also, will the pattern be available MTO?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today’s birthday fit, such a nice day on the east coast
S&M Custom Linen Wide Stripe Camp Collar Shirt, S&M Chino Shorts

Attachments

• F5491275-58F5-4D1C-AA87-0818B6C60204.jpeg
    F5491275-58F5-4D1C-AA87-0818B6C60204.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 87
  • AC89ABDA-1C0B-446A-882B-41A055C736C6.jpeg
    AC89ABDA-1C0B-446A-882B-41A055C736C6.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 104
  • EA0DC653-4DDB-4E4E-A7B1-0D35C55E2A49.jpeg
    EA0DC653-4DDB-4E4E-A7B1-0D35C55E2A49.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 102

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads