• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vessy123

Reaction score
Anybody have IRL photos of the Guabello pale green h'bone? Sure looks like a winner for summer.
Wondering about the shade of green, is it olive or??

Well I ordered the last one in 38 contemporary due to the flash sale, so will see in 2 weeks.

motorchang

Reaction score
First outing of cigar linen suit after a few adjustment. It definitely stands out but I’m really liking it. Can’t wait for it to wear down and get as many wrinkles as possible.

01E96B56-0598-4B93-A1D6-9CB76A42F31C.jpeg

CF0A4566-9166-4B71-AA43-51EFC7DEFBEB.jpeg

pyunghwa

Reaction score
@spiermackay

Hi Rikky, would appreciate your thoughts.

Thinking of ordering a custom shirt. I really like the look of the Cooper collar but wanted the versality of wearing it with a tie if wanted. Is it possible/recommended to include a button/button hole so it can be buttoned all the way to the top? Or is that not possible due to the pattern, ie, the button and button hole wouldn't button nicely due to the pattern (similar in principle to the top button of a 3roll2 jacket).

If it is possible, what would we put in the comments? Would we just select the Cooper collar and ask for an extra button/button hole?

Thanks!

Hudson

Reaction score
@spiermackay , is there any hope in knit polos being restocked in the larger sizes this summer? Looks like they were popular and mostly sold out.

(I was looking for a Burnt Sienna in XL)
I just returned a couple large knit polos in green and navy if you're looking to try the large in these colors. They're on the way back to S&M right now.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay

Hi Rikky, would appreciate your thoughts.

Thinking of ordering a custom shirt. I really like the look of the Cooper collar but wanted the versality of wearing it with a tie if wanted. Is it possible/recommended to include a button/button hole so it can be buttoned all the way to the top? Or is that not possible due to the pattern, ie, the button and button hole wouldn't button nicely due to the pattern (similar in principle to the top button of a 3roll2 jacket).

If it is possible, what would we put in the comments? Would we just select the Cooper collar and ask for an extra button/button hole?

Thanks!

Not possible at the moment. The pattern opens to a slight V, there isn't the proper overlap to have a button/buttonhole.

motorchang

Reaction score
Wow, fit is great. Exactly how I want mine to look like when I do purchase a linen suit in future. May I know what adjustments you made?

The jacket is my usual 38 slim size but the waist and armhole fitted more like 38R for some reason. So aside from my usual sleeves shortening, I had to nip in the waist a little bit and now it looks great. This was the first time I had to take in a slim jacket from SM. That never happened before. In fact, I had some of them let out a bit and not the other way around.

Trousers on the other hand, my usual size is contemporary 32 or 33(my lower body is thicker than average in contrast to my slim upper body), and it was noted on the product page that these run smaller than usual and may need to size up. But as most sizes had sold out already when the jacket dropped, I had no choice but to snag a last remaining pair in 32, thinking that I would just let it out a bit. When I received the pair, I was surprised to find out that it came with noticeably smaller amount of fabric inside compared to my other SM trousers. So it's still a bit tighter than ideal for me even after the alteration but since the fabric itself has some give unlike wool, it's not all too bad.

Throwing another pic in the elevator after work cause I like the way it came out under the lights! I've been wanting to have a linen suit like this for a while so I'm very happy with how this one has turned out for me. Got some nice compliments from colleagues as well.

IMG_1259.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been wanting to order a suit but I am unsure about the best fit. So I thought about ordering a 34S and a 36S and return the one that doesn't fit. Would the return still be free since this is my first suit? Or would I still have to pay for the return since I ordered two suits? Any help would be appreciated.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to order a suit but I am unsure about the best fit. So I thought about ordering a 34S and a 36S and return the one that doesn't fit. Would the return still be free since this is my first suit? Or would I still have to pay for the return since I ordered two suits? Any help would be appreciated.

No, you should be fine.
If anything, use PayPal and you also get return reimbursement

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads