• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conak

Reaction score
so then linen knit polos ;)

:) I've found cotton-linen blend to work well for a polo. It's not nearly as cool as pure linen, but avoids all the problems the linen t-shirts suffer from, and it has a very nice casual look to it.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Ok Gents. What do we want to see next Spring/Summer?

Better stock in my size (46 cont). If I’m even remotely late to the party my size is sold out on the more desirable stuff. It’s *increasingly* frustrating how bad that problem is.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovin Linen!

20210516_001552.jpg

20210516_001755.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly interested in MTO tuxedo. Noticed you can change details on MTO shirts and jackets for tuxedo features (satin lapels, pleated front, etc), but didn't see the option for trousers or waistcoats (no options for satin stripe down the leg, nor u-shape waistcoat + satin buttons). Can these be requested in the notes? Also is it possible to ask for no vents (traditional in black tie)?
I’d just ask them directly. Would seem to be the most efficient way of getting your answers.

LuxLemon

Reaction score
Just went to wear my one spier and mackay dress shirt, it's only been worn once, washed once on medium and air dried. The sleeves shrunk one inch and is no longer wearable. Have other's experienced this?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went to wear my one spier and mackay dress shirt, it's only been worn once, washed once on medium and air dried. The sleeves shrunk one inch and is no longer wearable. Have other's experienced this?
what do you mean washed on 'medium'? Was this medium warm water and medium spin cycle? Should wash clothes on delicate (i.e. cold water, low spin). I have never had a problem.

zurich64

Reaction score
What is the material? Cotton, linen, or mixed? Up to one-inch shrinkage in sleeves may happen with mixed materials at warm washes. Is your medium wash at 60C? Safe is 20-30C at gentle cycle.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I cold wash (and hang dry).Twills and oxford cloth dress shirts, minimal shrinkage; maybe half inch at worst, and most of the time less than that, probably 1/4. The one and only bad shrink experience I had along those lines was with a poplin, which is notorious for that. This was 3-4 years ago. Nothing since.

ULCajun

Reaction score
I’ve had bad luck with the oxfords and cotton/linen shirts. I find even a 1/4inch change can make the shirt feel off. And also no longer work under a jacket.

sao

Reaction score
Ok Gents. What do we want to see next Spring/Summer?

everything this season is great imo.
Not a deal breaker but I would like the polos to be an inch longer and looser, same for shorts.
Maybe some open collar shirts?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I washed my shirt in molten lava and sent it down to dry next to the fires of hell. I now only show a tiny amount of cuff when I wear my blazer. Should I get in touch with customer service?

Welcome back from hell. I hope you wore a face mask.:rotflmao:

@LuxLemon The care instructions on my shirts say cold wash, do not machine dry. I feel if you do anything else it’s on you. I have definitely accidentally washed my shirts in warm water. Sleeves definitely shrunk, but I wasn’t surprised.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads