• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NikG

Reaction score
A neo sportcoat in this perfect POW (and matching high rise trousers). Natalino has it this season and Drakes had it last season.
+1

This would be a great summer suit. I’d prefer flap pockets, but I know most will probably prefer patch. But would be an instant purchase either way.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok Gents. What do we want to see next Spring/Summer?
- Moar high rise Minnis fresco trews of the 9oz/10oz variety.
- Moar high rise Quest cotton trews, perhaps experimenting with texture. A more pronounced twill that toes the line between dress up/down, for example.
-Butcher striped shirts in more summer/spring colors that can be worn sans tie but a sportcoat and trews.
- Lightweight OCBDs with Italian button down collar.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

Joking aside, I love the look of these new knit polos, but can’t help but think I’m not extraordinarily handsome enough to pull them off.

Eh, sometimes Derek gets a bit too deep into his "Silly iGent, I've transcended through the #menswear curtain! Behold my cotton sportcoat, jeans, and split toe derbies and despair! Waaahh silhouette!" schtick. It's just a shirt. Now if you buy it and think it will teleport you to the endless Riviera summer of 1958 where you suddenly look like a young Jude Law, that's just silly cosplay (plus spoiler alert Jude isn't in the movie for very long but he does bang a young Gwyneth Paltrow so I guess he was there for a good time not a long time....). If the fit is good the colors and textures harmonize, and you can wear it honestly, then there's nothing to "pull off" so go for it.

Fgustaf

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me but the quarters of the jacket look just a tad to short when looking at the pockets, maybe I’m just crazy
You're not crazy! The bad tailor we used shortened the jacket too much. So we are unfortunately stuck with the length. Trying to decide if we should purchase another suit, since it's for our wedding day. Just not sure how noticable or off balance it is, now that it's shortened.

carterjones

Reaction score
Possibly interested in MTO tuxedo. Noticed you can change details on MTO shirts and jackets for tuxedo features (satin lapels, pleated front, etc), but didn't see the option for trousers or waistcoats (no options for satin stripe down the leg, nor u-shape waistcoat + satin buttons). Can these be requested in the notes? Also is it possible to ask for no vents (traditional in black tie)?

AnticClay

Reaction score

I don't know how feasible this would be? But I would love to see a heavier (10-12 ounce) linen that was blended with a little (5% - 8%) mohair. So hopefully? You would still get those beautiful dramatic rolls in the arms and legs (they always remind me of clouds) while offering a little more give and performance and cutting down on some of the smaller wrinkles. Performance linen, if you will.

Other than that, I second summer denim in maybe Dark wash/light wash/natural and maybe the return of the panama weave dress shirt :)

SteveMc

Reaction score

On my wish list in no particular order:

- Simple 100% cotton t-shirts. Preferred colors are: ecru, tan, dark brown, olive (that deep US army tone).
- Knitted polos in the same shades as mentioned for the t-shirts. Would love to get these in a wide-chest-narrow-waist retro cut.
- The quest cotton dress trousers are fantastic, bring them back next year.
- Fresco trousers in high-rise
- High-rise, pleated shorts in cotton or linen.

zurich64

Reaction score
My fiance took this S&M suit to a bad tailor, who unfortunately shortened the jacket too much. We are hoping to salvage it for our wedding; is it all that bad??

I think at this point the best thing would be to stop the alterations. It does not look bad, and a short jacket length would be ok for use as a casual outfit, as I am guessing wearing suits to work is not the norm for him.

For future reference, the jacket should ideally cover the bottom (deciding based on the jacket reaching the bent fingers often works, but looking at front and back for coverage of the trouser seat is better). The jacket looks like it came in the proper size and was worked on a bit too much.

The pants are perhaps half an inch too long if you want a no-break look. Use suspenders, these work best for keeping trousers in the same position.

And I wouldn't blame the tailor, they seem to have followed the fitting requests. Getting a proper fit takes time, and it would be better next time with the same tailor, as long as you know what to ask for.

conak

Reaction score
Linen tee shirts apparently ?

LOL, although I've actually had linen tee's and to make them work they have to be a thinly knit fabric which is incredibly comfortable but mildly transparent in lighter colors, stretches out almost immediately, and lasts one season if you're lucky.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, although I've actually had linen tee's and to make them work they have to be a thinly knit fabric which is incredibly comfortable but mildly transparent in lighter colors, stretches out almost immediately, and lasts one season if you're lucky.
so then linen knit polos ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads