• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shallow? What pants did you pick up? Should be to at least mid thigh.
I got the medium grey fresco in contemporary. Definitely no where near my mid-thigh, but I'm kind of tall so that might not be a good point of comparison on me.

Dang man, what are you putting in your pockets? I find mines to be long as hell
It might just be me! But when I put my hand in the pocket my wrist bone is exposed, feels weird

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
as long as the cashmere doesn't instantly pill like Uniqlo. I paid a lot for my colhays one but it is noticeably on another level.

I'm not going to compare to Colhays. But definitely better than Uniqlo.

Our goal is to offer high value, not to be the best at any cost, that's for luxury makers and I can bet that Colhays will make a nicer cashmere.

On the flipside we're not trying to be the lowest price either. That's a race to the bottom with it's own set of economical, environmental, social and ethical problems that we don't want to be contributing to. The challenge is to offer the right balance and that's why I think it's rare to be successful in this space. But we're trying.

AND, for the price, though not cheap, the cashmere is a great value given the quality we're offering.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to compare to Colhays. But definitely better than Uniqlo.

Our goal is to offer high value, not to be the best at any cost, that's for luxury makers and I can bet that Colhays will make a nicer cashmere.

On the flipside we're not trying to be the lowest price either. That's a race to the bottom with it's own set of economical, environmental, social and ethical problems that we don't want to be contributing to. The challenge is to offer the right balance and that's why I think it's rare to be successful in this space. But we're trying.

AND, for the price, though not cheap, the cashmere is a great value given the quality we're offering.
You know what won't pill?
The whiskey suede trucker that you're hopefully having constructed for me as we type...

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Most people still prefer the normal cut, BUT with things the way that they have been the past year, most people have not have a need and have not been buying tailoring. The Niche (menswear crowd) who are still interested in tailoring have. So we turned more of our tailoring towards the niche market.
tenor.gif

Stylewords

Reaction score
No. Most people still prefer the normal cut, BUT with things the way that they have been the past year, most people have not have a need and have not been buying tailoring. The Niche (menswear crowd) who are still interested in tailoring have. So we turned more of our tailoring towards the niche market.
OK. That makes sense. But please don't forget us non-iGents.

Ladislav

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone having size issues with quest cotton trousers? I got mine 34 contemporary in cream color but it’s good 2 cm off from the table numbers. In my case, it should have 90,2 cm. Instead it has 88 cm with very little place to fool around. It’s first time, dress pants are being like 1size smaller than it should be. Quite strange. By S&M it’s my first pants issue. And so far I used to have quite a few of them.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone having size issues with quest cotton trousers? I got mine 34 contemporary in cream color but it’s good 2 cm off from the table numbers. In my case, it should have 90,2 cm. Instead it has 88 cm with very little place to fool around. It’s first time, dress pants are being like 1size smaller than it should be. Quite strange. By S&M it’s my first pants issue. And so far I used to have quite a few of them.

What part are you measuring?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chunky cardigan is 4-ply, 7 gauge, 1 KG of pure Merino.

We are planning 2 cashmere sweaters.

The first is a simple 12 gauge, crew. 15 micron, 35 mm Inner Mongolian Cashmere. Target $158 USD

2nd is a Cable Crew. 7 gauge. Also 15 micron, 35 mm Inner Mongolian Cashmere. Target $225 USD.

What colors, or has that been decided yet?

I have a kelly green cable crew cashmere sweater I bought from RLPL a couple years back, and it's kind of the sweater I compare all other sweaters to. I'd be interested to test them side by side.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads