• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay

Do you recommend storing your winter coats in the garment bags you provide? I'm not sure how breathable they are because they seem to be made out of a synthetic material. I'm debating whether to order some canvass garment bags and cedar planks.

They are breathable. Fine for long term storage.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @spiermackay
Your short sleeved linen shirts look short, in the photos.
But the size/fit chart for them (in my size) shows standard dress shirt length.
Do they have the shorter 'untucked' length or are they standard length ?

The short sleeves are untucked. I'll have to check on that.

cr2596

Reaction score
Yo, if y’all didn’t get the cigar linen suit separates a couple years ago, get this redo. I love mine and wear it a lot, but that wasn’t always the case. I only bought it because I was settling, after missing out on the tobacco. When I first got it, the color intimidated me. I really only wore them as SC and trousers. Once I got over that, it became clear how versatile it is and how easy it is to make it sing. If you were hesitant at all for this reason, don’t be.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay / @SpierTeam - For your high rise contemporary trousers, how many inches could be taken in at the waist. For example, size 32 has a waist size of 33.5. Would I be able to take in 1.5 inches at the waist?

You can. Waist no problem. Seat is ok too, depending on how much you're bringing that in. But 1.5" shouldn't be an issue.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are 2 popovers listed on the site, one "Navy Popover" and one "Navy - Linen Popover". They seem to be exactly the same with both being 100% Irish linen, but one is $55 and one is $49. What gives? In the pictures, one might be a little darker. Are they different linen?

Different linen supply

sid11111

Reaction score
All Spier- linen/wool, linen/cotton, fresco:
View attachment 1608519

those textures tho:
View attachment 1608520

I love these shirts, but if I had one thing to nitpick, its that the cuffs are SO. DAMN. NARROW. I could maaaaaaybe get a true dress watch under there (something like a Cartier tank or JLC MUT), but I'm wearing a Seamaster today and have to wear that cuff unbuttoned.

Edit: yeah, not a chance-
View attachment 1608534

I second this. I must have larger than average wrists because I can never get any of my watches to fit under the buttoned cuff of a SM shirt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads