• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dangaa

Reaction score
@spiermackay My package is being held by UPS because I owe duties. I’m in the US. This is a custom order of around $600 value. Is this normal?

Have you called UPS to inquire on the value of the goods declared and/or to dispute/inquire on the duty being charged? They may review and drop the fees for you. Worth a try.

VincentVogan

Reaction score
I have a question regarding price differences between types of trousers. Cotton chinos are $48 but high-rise cotton trousers are $118. Why is there such a difference in price? I'm simply curious. Thanks.

SteveMc

Reaction score
Almost forgot. Today marks 11 years since we officially opened our doors at SPIER & MACKAY!!

The first few years were really bumpy and we almost closed down in 2013. But 2014 we started to find our groove and things really started to turn and we haven't looked back. Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who've stuck with us through thick and thin, ESPECALLY since the pandemic started. Tailoring was hit really hard as the need for suits/sportcoats literally dropped off a cliff overnight. The die hards and the clothing geeks really had our backs and just wanted to thank you all again.

Cheers!
Rick

Found my new social media nickname: clothing geek :teach:

Congrats @spiermackay !

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's so soft. Comfort level 100.
+1 on the fabric for that blue stripe pop. It doesn't feel like my other pops (linen) or like my cotton-linen trousers from sondrio, for that matter. Its got a soft fuzzy quality, like that indigo slub button down SM ran this winter, but not as thick. Also I had been thinking of sizing down for that shirt, but am glad I didn't. Its got just enough room at the waist to get the shoulders through, without much to spare.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the fabric for that blue stripe pop. It doesn't feel like my other pops (linen) or like my cotton-linen trousers from sondrio, for that matter. Its got a soft fuzzy quality, like that indigo slub button down SM ran this winter, but not as thick. Also I had been thinking of sizing down for that shirt, but am glad I didn't. Its got just enough room at the waist to get the shoulders through, without much to spare.
This doesn’t help my financials, sir ?

apd90700

Reaction score
Received a couple silk ties, top notch. Waiting on a MTM shirt, but with everything going on in India, not sure when it may be able to be completed -- any ideas @spiermackay?

Have several trousers set to arrive soon along with two more ties. On the trousers, going with several variations in slim 30-31, so we'll see what fits best.

conak

Reaction score
IMO there are no "real heat" fabrics besides linen, and MAYBE light-weight fresco.

I always regret cotton suiting because it doesn't breath.

Ha, so true... I always test out my warm-weather clothing at the beginning of Spring and without fail I put on a cotton suit and think "Actually, this feels just as cool as the linens". Then summer actually hits and I can't understand what I was thinking. That said, I have a half-canvas, completely unlined, seersucker sport coat that is every bit as cool as a linen sport coat, but unfortunately I have no idea who made the cloth. So I do think it's possible to have a comfortable cotton, but although I usually prefer British fabrics over Italian, I always feel that the British never really understand what hot weather means...Whenever I wear a British summer fabric I'm reminded of a journal entry I read by a British officer at a US Revolutionary War battlefield in which he attributed his Army's loss to the extreme heat that he described as inconceivable in England and contrasted the heavy uniforms of the British to the lighter, layered uniforms of the American militia who knew the summer climate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads