• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Almost forgot. Today marks 11 years since we officially opened our doors at SPIER & MACKAY!!

The first few years were really bumpy and we almost closed down in 2013. But 2014 we started to find our groove and things really started to turn and we haven't looked back. Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who've stuck with us through thick and thin, ESPECALLY since the pandemic started. Tailoring was hit really hard as the need for suits/sportcoats literally dropped off a cliff overnight. The die hards and the clothing geeks really had our backs and just wanted to thank you all again.

Cheers!
Rick

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot. Today marks 11 years since we officially opened our doors at SPIER & MACKAY!!

The first few years were really bumpy and we almost closed down in 2013. But 2014 we started to find our groove and things really started to turn and we haven't looked back. Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who've stuck with us through thick and thin, ESPECALLY since the pandemic started. Tailoring was hit really hard as the need for suits/sportcoats literally dropped off a cliff overnight. The die hards and the clothing geeks really had our backs and just wanted to thank you all again.

Cheers!
Rick

Found my old review on the Dappered Forums - I had more free time back then. Now I mostly just kop.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers!
Rick
Congrats on the 11 year anniversary. I’m better dressed (and a bit poorer) now than I was a few years ago thanks to you all.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Found my old review on the Dappered Forums - I had more free time back then. Now I mostly just kop.

Wow. Wayback, playback! I think that was one of the very first reviews of our suits. I think we've made some progress since then. I'm happy to see that we're still able to offer great value 7 years later.

conak

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Minnis seersucker in the summer? Is it a spring-only weight, or is it light enough for real heat?

ZaneLim

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Minnis seersucker in the summer? Is it a spring-only weight, or is it light enough for real heat?

I bought their Minnis navy seersucker suit 2 years ago and I am quite sure it's from the same bunch. I wore the suit for work in Singapore and it performed quite well, specifically staying cool despite the layers. The fabric though has no "give", which made the suit feel tighter than a regular cotton fabric.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers!
Rick

So Now I'm A Geek, And You're Welcome! Congratz S$M!

bologna

Reaction score
Just received the high rise guabello pants. Really like them but they came hemmed and are too short. Has that happened to anyone else where pants came hemmed without a request to hem? I think there’s enough fabric left to take them down but I’ll check with the tailor.

dangaa

Reaction score
Just received the high rise guabello pants. Really like them but they came hemmed and are too short. Has that happened to anyone else where pants came hemmed without a request to hem? I think there’s enough fabric left to take them down but I’ll check with the tailor.

Perhaps a return that got past QC on the receiving side and was subsequently put back into stock and shipped. I would send their CS department an email.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hemmed without a request to hem? DM the order# to me please. We'll sort that. Shouldn't be hemmed.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Perhaps a return that got past QC on the receiving side and was subsequently put back into stock and shipped. I would send their CS department an email.

The concerning thing is that all hemmed items are final sale. Shouldn't have come back or accepted back....that's what I have to dig into.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, since when was there a Blue Stripe Seersucker Popover added?? Now I have to decide between that and the Blue Chambray Popover. Decisions ?

dench127

Reaction score
@spiermackay My package is being held by UPS because I owe duties. I’m in the US. This is a custom order of around $600 value. Is this normal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads