• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @spiermackay, I have a question about your SS Linen Shirts. What is the arm opening on a 14.5 Slim? Tempted by the Slate & Olive Check, but don't want a large arm opening as it just makes my arms look even smaller lol

Jason12

Reaction score
if I am making an MTO shirt should I add some extra length to the sleeves? the 32-inch sleeve length in oxford cloth fits me fine after washing.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
if I am making an MTO shirt should I add some extra length to the sleeves? the 32-inch sleeve length in oxford cloth fits me fine after washing.

If you are measuring a washed shirt, generally add 1/2" to the sleeve to account for shrinkage.

marchello

Reaction score
@spiermackay - For MTM jackets, what is the difference, besides the price, between "Minni Fresco Navy" and "Minnis Navy Fresco"? Also, do you have the "Minnis Fresco Navy" available for MTM trousers? I don't see it on the site...

Jason12

Reaction score
I am thinking of ordering a mto shirt and mto sportcoat. Due to the situation in India, would the shirt and jacket have to both be finished first from china and india and then sent together to me? or shipped separately from each country as they are completed? I don't mind waiting as clothes are not that urgent but just to get an idea.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of ordering a mto shirt and mto sportcoat. Due to the situation in India, would the shirt and jacket have to both be finished first from china and india and then sent together to me? or shipped separately from each country as they are completed? I don't mind waiting as clothes are not that urgent but just to get an idea.
I had an order that included several MTO pieces recently. The production of one of the jackets got stalled due to delayed fabric delivery from the mill, Chinese new year and Covid. So they sent me the order with two separate shipments.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed: any sweatshirt owners who are normally size 38/38L in sport coats and M in sweaters? If so: did you pick M or L in the sweatshirt? It says size up, but I am worried L will be too big (even for a sweatshirt)

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed: any sweatshirt owners who are normally size 38/38L in sport coats and M in sweaters? If so: did you pick M or L in the sweatshirt? It says size up, but I am worried L will be too big (even for a sweatshirt)

38R slim in their suits. Probably 38 contemporary now with covid haha.. I'm 165lbs and went with a medium.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 42R and went with L (5'10" 185 lbs)

Size up if you're looking for slouchy lounge type fit, IMO

emynd

Reaction score
The product description for this Drago MTO sport coat says “This would also make an excellent choice for a more casual suit.” I agree, but the fabric isn’t available in the trousers MTO or Custom sections. How would I go about purchasing the full suit? And what if I wanted a waistcoat as well? Thanks in advance

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The product description for this Drago MTO sport coat says “This would also make an excellent choice for a more casual suit.” I agree, but the fabric isn’t available in the trousers MTO or Custom sections. How would I go about purchasing the full suit? And what if I wanted a waistcoat as well? Thanks in advance
I've been wondering this as well. I've seen a fabric avaliable in the custom suit, jacket and trouser section but not amongst waistcoat fabrics. Do we just email customer service and ask for a price quote?

conak

Reaction score
Anyone with SM seersucker jacket or suit: How does it wear in summer? I've had seersuckers that are great in summer and others that really only work for spring, but I've never handled the Minnis versions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads