• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
Not until we become HUGE and can move through the required volume of shirts to justify various sleeves. Sportshirts are generally limited/seasonal fabrics and we cut a lot less of them.
Bummer. I like some of the new options, but I'm built like a T. Rex (big neck, little arms) and do not like getting my shirt sleeves shortened.

conak

Reaction score
@spiermackay In the MTO sizing, when selecting between 35 and 36, the thigh and hem measurements are larger on 35 than on 36. Are they reversed?
Not until we become HUGE and can move through the required volume of shirts to justify various sleeves. Sportshirts are generally limited/seasonal fabrics and we cut a lot less of them.

Very unfortunate. I feel like RTW linen dress shirts (not BD collar) in basic white and light blue would sell well among those of us who are interested in the existence of a summer suit.

conak

Reaction score
Meant to post these yesterday- these are the new Quest cotton trousers in Cream and Khaki:
View attachment 1598396 View attachment 1598397

I would say that they remind me of much dressier chinos, but it’s a completely different weave- very comfortable though. I had thought I might need to have the waist taken out slightly, but the longer I had them on the more comfortable they became (I'm hesitant to let out cotton because of it's tendency to stretch/break in, and I've also been losing a few pounds). Could definitely use a pressing when getting hemmed though.

Edit to add: the shirt is the green S&M linen from a few weeks ago, can we take a moment to appreciate how variegated this fabric is? I'm in the process of replacing all my old Ralph Lauren linen shirts with these.

I like the look of those Quest trousers. How's the feel? At 10oz it sounds a bit heavy to me for a summer cotton.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay In the MTO sizing, when selecting between 35 and 36, the thigh and hem measurements are larger on 35 than on 36. Are they reversed?

Very unfortunate. I feel like RTW linen dress shirts (not BD collar) in basic white and light blue would sell well among those of us who are interested in the existence of a summer suit.

We have plenty of linen in the MTM option. You can easily make up a linen dress shirt. I'd be curious to see what options people come up with.

espen

Reaction score
We have plenty of linen in the MTM option. You can easily make up a linen dress shirt. I'd be curious to see what options people come up with.

The price point for the linen custom shirts is too good to pass up. Was recently delivered a new shirt in brown linen with a large Italian spread collar, and double rounded chest pockets with flaps and reverse pleats. Great stuff, and something you'd never get RTW.

conak

Reaction score

I had linen shirts ready to go in the last MTO shirt sale, but the white fabric sold out while I was checking out!

Anyways, a feedback forum naturally trends negative so it's a good point here to say that the lineup this season is fantastic overall and shows you clearly are working to offer what people in this forum are asking for in a way that makes business sense.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meant to post these yesterday- these are the new Quest cotton trousers in Cream and Khaki:
View attachment 1598396 View attachment 1598397

I would say that they remind me of much dressier chinos, but it’s a completely different weave- very comfortable though. I had thought I might need to have the waist taken out slightly, but the longer I had them on the more comfortable they became (I'm hesitant to let out cotton because of it's tendency to stretch/break in, and I've also been losing a few pounds). Could definitely use a pressing when getting hemmed though.

Edit to add: the shirt is the green S&M linen from a few weeks ago, can we take a moment to appreciate how variegated this fabric is? I'm in the process of replacing all my old Ralph Lauren linen shirts with these.
Those look great! Ordered the olive one to see how they fit and drape. But tempted by the cream and khaki too. Is the Khaki to yellow?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of those Quest trousers. How's the feel? At 10oz it sounds a bit heavy to me for a summer cotton.

They feel pretty lightweight actually- maybe because of the weave, but they move much more fluidly than "normal" twill cotton chinos. They actually kind of remind me of a more refined version of some silk/linen/cotton blend pants i have. I'll have to see how they perform in hot weather, but I imagine they'll work well.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had to pay more than what I original paid to have my first shirt remade this week.

Email Mike at [email protected] we literarily decided on this yesterday.

To keep our prices competitive, we don't price in the remake risk as many other companies do. We try to keep as lean as possible. But, as we scale, we realize we have to lower the risk to the customer to even give the program a try. So, we'll eat the cost in hopes of keeping the customer long term even if that means being at a loss on the first order.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great! Ordered the olive one to see how they fit and drape. But tempted by the cream and khaki too. Is the Khaki to yellow?

the colors in my pics are pretty accurate- the khaki is definitely on the more yellow side of the spectrum than brown, but still would definitely considered a "summer khaki" (which is what I was looking for)

SumDude

Reaction score
Email Mike at [email protected] we literarily decided on this yesterday.

To keep our prices competitive, we don't price in the remake risk as many other companies do. We try to keep as lean as possible. But, as we scale, we realize we have to lower the risk to the customer to even give the program a try. So, we'll eat the cost in hopes of keeping the customer long term even if that means being at a loss on the first order.

Sounds good because I have selected up to 12 different fabrics for my next MTM shirt order. Everything from short sleeve, casual long sleeve and more dress shirts. I think I may have a problem. :-D

motorchang

Reaction score

the colors in my pics are pretty accurate- the khaki is definitely on the more yellow side of the spectrum than brown, but still would definitely considered a "summer khaki" (which is what I was looking for)

Not the British Khaki, correct? SM site pics has a lot of yellow in the Khaki, which made me a little hesitant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads