• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SumDude

Reaction score
Got an example of it? Or, since it can be arranged, is it possible to pay for one and be the guinea pig so everyone will know? I'm actually curious if that way will make it possible to sneak into semi-formal wear.

Wonder if it would look just like chambray without the high/low effect he is talking about?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
mid you wouldn’t mind following up on this, I have one of each color sitting in my cart

Checked. These are actually oldies from 2019 that we dug up. The chart is correct. They are sized to the regular shirt chart. So 1" less than this years. Thought the waist is a slight bit bigger, but the chest is to spec.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I promise, my last plug for M&E, but I do love their fabrics. I think they'd be great for MTO outerwear. Natural collection has some decent heft to it at 720g, and is rather soft for tweed. My Zanieri herringbone polo coat is great, but relatively lighter and more scratchy too.

In my head, MTO outerwear buyers would like fabrics like these.

Sure. We can arrange those fabrics. They are available in cuts. Just mind that they are $$

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To those who have tried the linen field jackets -
From looking at the size charts, if I wanted to wear the field jackets as a casual sport coat substitute (so with only a shirt beneath), I should size down to achieve a more sport coat-like fit? Eg. if I am a 38 in the SC, I should get the field jacket in a 36?

No. The field jacket has a drawstring/cinchable waist. Stick with your normal size and cinch the waist in a little if needed. As a casual jacket, a slight bit looser is always better.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have you ever considered suit fabrics in charcoal/brown and dove grey @spiermackay? If not RTW/OTR, maybe through MTO? I'd definitely be in for both.

Dove grey (@Alan Bee)

Charcoal/brown

We have a light gray suit available now. The dove gray looks a lot flatter in colour. Not sure there would be a lot of traction for that. The Char/Brown is nice. That's minnis fresco, looks to be part of their collection.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm inching towards my first MTO sport coat purchase but I confirmed with CS that the only lining colors are black, navy, and burgundy. I'd like my first purchase to be a seersucker jacket but I'm wary about a dark-colored lining showing through (navy is the only reasonably close color option for a blue or navy seersucker IMO). It seems odd that white is not a lining color option but what do I know? I could pay the $20 upcharge for an unlined jacket.

For folks who've purchased quarter-lined summer/light-colored sport coats, what is the color of the lining?

Ask for white in the notes. We don't stock it, but the factory can get it.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When are the thongs arriving? I need something that won't show through my linen shorts. ???:oops:

I'll do you one better. How does GOTS certified, handmade in Northern Italy by retired monks, banana hammock sound? Every stitch by hand. Only the best for the boys!

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let’s get the Dugdale / Huddersfield / Scabal / Holland and Sherry / fox brothers / English cloth train moving Spier Mackay!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Camionisti in camoscio in arrivo?

Google translate says you're asking about the suede truckers?

Not sure yet. They are quite expensive and the factory is asking for a larger minimum order than we're comfortable with. Still negotiating.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google translate says you're asking about the suede truckers?

Not sure yet. They are quite expensive and the factory is asking for a larger minimum order than we're comfortable with. Still negotiating.
Grazie mille...

Blake Hedley just had a whiskey color in Italian suede at a decent price.
Of course I couldn't get it into my cart before my size sold out.
Hoping you guys do something there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads