• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received the quest cotton trousers. Look and feel great. Question for @spiermackay , given the polished finish, any tips on pressing these? Simple pressing cloth at low heat should do the trick? I have had back luck with pressing the cotton/linen trousers in the past...

Yeah. And a lot of steam.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for Weba merino. It is incredibly nice.

We're starting with Weba Non-Irons. They are the best in the business with their pre-cure treatment. Great hand, 50+ wash cycles. A little pricey. But Swiss made and great investment.

ShibuiC

Reaction score
@spiermackay Was an "in-store/curbside pickup" option supposed to be added to the checkout process at some point in time?

This must have been added recently, but grabbed a pair of the Wheat Linens on final sale. Colour looks great in the photos. Anybody have any pics?

We already got 3r2, solid collar rolls, seersucker. High rise flat front chinos are on the way. Just need some classic blackwatch and patchwork madras added to the MTO!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question. Honestly, I forget what we did last year. I know for popovers, we add 1" to the torso measurements. I know one season, the factory added 1" to the HALF, which ended up being 2" total. Can't remember if that was last year or the year before.....I'll have to check.

mid you wouldn’t mind following up on this, I have one of each color sitting in my cart

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I promise, my last plug for M&E, but I do love their fabrics. I think they'd be great for MTO outerwear. Natural collection has some decent heft to it at 720g, and is rather soft for tweed. My Zanieri herringbone polo coat is great, but relatively lighter and more scratchy too.

In my head, MTO outerwear buyers would like fabrics like these.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Are you happy with how this fit turned out? I haven’t been able to bring myself to wearing fatigues with a sport coat yet (much less with a tie). I think I love your fit but it’s still a little jarring to my eye.

Yeah, to me this is a pretty classic combo, particularly in Japanese Ivy style. I follow this guy who I think does this approach very well:

sid11111

Reaction score
Just curious about the shorts; is anyone really particular to the point that it makes a difference whether there are 2 fits to choose from?

Last edited:

CorozoButton

Reaction score
To those who have tried the linen field jackets -
From looking at the size charts, if I wanted to wear the field jackets as a casual sport coat substitute (so with only a shirt beneath), I should size down to achieve a more sport coat-like fit? Eg. if I am a 38 in the SC, I should get the field jacket in a 36?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads