• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viatu

Reaction score
What's the difference between the Custom and MTO programs?

beanmachine314

Reaction score
@spiermackay another MTO question. I've noticed you have some more work shirt style customizations in your custom shirts and I've been enjoying those and I have my pattern down. Is there any plan to have more textured/"work shirty" fabrics (potentially in white-ish)? Also, have you put any thought into wool/wool blend shirtings, I know I would buy up about 5 as they work great as outdoor shirts and I spend my summers 90% outside.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Up to 2.5 cm/1" ask in notes.
As I was planning my MTO order I realised I should read about changing the depth of pleats on an already well fitting pair of trousers. I came across this thread https://www.styleforum.net/threads/pattern-cutting-for-pleated-trousers.529888/

The TS insists that "After you make flat front trousers you simply add pleats however deep you'd like, then widen the side seam the same amount."

If this is indeed true, it suggests that I should ask from you to widen the side seam. The additional width should be the differential between your current pleat depth and 1" pleats, which I intend to have in order to not disrupt the balance.

Now to the questions:
1. What's the current pleat depth on your trousers?
2. How do I request the differential to be added to the side seam in order to widen it?

Or is this something that you've simply accounted for already?

Thanks.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay another MTO question. I've noticed you have some more work shirt style customizations in your custom shirts and I've been enjoying those and I have my pattern down. Is there any plan to have more textured/"work shirty" fabrics (potentially in white-ish)? Also, have you put any thought into wool/wool blend shirtings, I know I would buy up about 5 as they work great as outdoor shirts and I spend my summers 90% outside.

Yes. Looking to start adding a lot of new fabrics to MTM soon.

We'll have wool shirt fabrics arriving just before Fall.

sfny

Reaction score
A quick shoulder question: When ordering MTO is it possible to order a jacket with spalla a camicia shoulders but without any shirring?

beanmachine314

Reaction score
Yes. Looking to start adding a lot of new fabrics to MTM soon.

We'll have wool shirt fabrics arriving just before Fall.

I'll be readying my bank account... If it's mainly thick flannel I'll definitely purchase a couple. If you have some plain woven, open weave wools I'll be in for many more...

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Any chance of some denims in the MTM section? It’d be great to have an option other than PC for some MTO denim shirts.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizing question for @spiermackay (but also anyone who has experience with them)- on last season's linen popovers that are on the site now, is there a sizing difference between those and this year's offerings? For example, I bought two from this year in size 15 Slim and they fit perfect (but with little room for error). On the popover size chart, a 15 slim has a 42.5" chest and a 38.5" waist, but when looking at the chart for last year's shirts, those measurements translate to a 15 1/2 slim. Do I need to size up or is the size chart incorrect?

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizing question for @spiermackay (but also anyone who has experience with them)- on last season's linen popovers that are on the site now, is there a sizing difference between those and this year's offerings? For example, I bought two from this year in size 15 Slim and they fit perfect (but with little room for error). On the popover size chart, a 15 slim has a 42.5" chest and a 38.5" waist, but when looking at the chart for last year's shirts, those measurements translate to a 15 1/2 slim. Do I need to size up or is the size chart incorrect?
I went with my normal OTR shirt size on the popover. There's some extra room so you can pull it on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads