• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Speaking of underwear, I've tried a bunch of brands in the last few years and I think it'd be very hard to beat the David Archy Supima cotton boxer briefs. Three pairs for $39.99 CDN? Super-comfy stretch cotton? Extra-roomy pouch? Horizontal fly? Doesn't ride up my thighs? Yes, please!

@spiermackay if you can do as good or better, I'll buy a caseful. Not even kidding.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I get my t shirts from a certain Swedish brand that offers different lengths so I wouldn't be interested in S&M making t-shirts but if it is profitable then no problem. I would be interested in short-sleeve knit t-shirts that work better with tailoring than cotton-jersey ones. popular hong kong and Singaporean menswear brands make those but they're a bit expensive ( around 90 usd) so I haven't made the leap yet. Something in the range of 40-60 us could be interesting and high quality.

I can assume I know what brand you are referring to.

$45 for a T-shirt is a big Ask(et) for a lot of guys. Even for a European made and traceable garment.

I've seen their oxfords. I have to say the garment construction left a lot to be desired.

We had a lot of success with the Long Sleeve knit polo, we'll be rolling out a short sleeve later this spring. 100% cotton.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to know that a reliable factory exists within your supply chain and that you are poised to roll it out with relative ease. I'd be willing to give them a try if the value is there.

SAXX and BN3TH/MyPakage can be routinely had between $15 - $20 CDN a pair and as you are coming in at that price point I'd be interested to see how they compare.

You have to remember, MOST guys are lazy and HATE shopping. If you can provide them with what they need at a reasonable price, odds are they will just buy everything in one place in one go. That's just a proven behavior. SF and Reddit FMF/MFA guys are different as you guys generally will actively seek out the best value for you in each category.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of underwear, I've tried a bunch of brands in the last few years and I think it'd be very hard to beat the David Archy Supima cotton boxer briefs. Three pairs for $39.99 CDN? Super-comfy stretch cotton? Extra-roomy pouch? Horizontal fly? Doesn't ride up my thighs? Yes, please!

@spiermackay if you can do as good or better, I'll buy a caseful. Not even kidding.

I don't get the horizontal pouch. Seems like more work than necessary. Ours will actually have a comfort pouch with more room for the boys and lined in a bamboo mesh. Bamboo is incredibly comfortable and has natural anti-bacterial properties.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright gentlemen. I'm considering taking advantage of the current MTO sale. I'm considering two jackets. The first is the Minnis - Fresco Lite - Burgundy. I'm contemplating going for a double breasted SC. But since burgundy is out of my comfort zone, I'm not sure. Single or double breasted?

@spiermackay do you know whether this is red-ish or has a brown undertone much like the Marling & Evans - Burgundy Hopsack (NETHERTON H/16934/R16-MTO-J) which I also have and thus can relate to?
Minnis burgundy fresco.jpg

My second question concerns redundancy. I currently own Minnis - Tobacco Fresco (single breasted) and Minnis - Fresco Lite - Brown (double breasted). I'm contemplating having an additional SC made out of Minnis - Fresco - Brown. Would it be redundant? It's reminiscent of the tobacco fresco but in a cooler shade. Is the brown in a single breasted make up different enough from the tobacco (SB) and Lite/dark brown (DB)?
Minnis tobacco fresco.jpg

Minnis brown fresco.jpg

Minnis brown fresco lite.jpg

Last edited:

hamish5178

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased any of this season's polos? I'd like to hear some thoughts.

I'm getting fabric bunching under collar in the back; The dreaded collar roll.
Square shoulders are usually the culprit but I have a medium slope.
I'll wait to hear what others say before making return.
It's a shame because the off-white is a perfect shade of creamy goodness.

The long sleeve ones?

One of my collar buttons was 100% in the wrong place, causing the collar to sit very strangely. After moving it, things are better, but it still doesn't sit normally like my Spier OCBDs or the short sleeve BD polos do. The collar overall was just way too big.

Also, I ordered some SS polos along with the LS. They were full price and so I assumed all of them were from this year with the updated fit. The SS ones are several inches larger in the body than the LS, and I think from reading this thread that there actually weren't any new SS ones this year? I don't know. It's a little ridiculous tbh, I wish they would be more upfront about that sort of thing on their site. I just ordered three OCBDs all in the same size, I hope they all fit the same!

Last edited:

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay
Can you disclose the price on the forthcomming solaro suit?

Please create tall sizes for long and short sleeve polos

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can assume I know what brand you are referring to.

$45 for a T-shirt is a big Ask(et) for a lot of guys. Even for a European made and traceable garment.

I've seen their oxfords. I have to say the garment construction left a lot to be desired.

We had a lot of success with the Long Sleeve knit polo, we'll be rolling out a short sleeve later this spring. 100% cotton.
I’d be interested in trying one of these. I really like the BR Luxury Polos and these seem like they’d be very similar to them

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
I don't get the horizontal pouch. Seems like more work than necessary. Ours will actually have a comfort pouch with more room for the boys and lined in a bamboo mesh. Bamboo is incredibly comfortable and has natural anti-bacterial properties.
More work to make, or more work to use? The construction seems simpler than the typical sideways fly, even those from the same company, but obviously it's more work than no fly at all. And after almost a year of use now I can say the horizontal fly is much more convenient, both in and out. There's also less chance that it's going to pop out when you're moving about (unless you're walking on your hands I guess), although for working out I always use underwear with no fly.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
More work to make, or more work to use? The construction seems simpler than the typical sideways fly, even those from the same company, but obviously it's more work than no fly at all. And after almost a year of use now I can say the horizontal fly is much more convenient, both in and out. There's also less chance that it's going to pop out when you're moving about (unless you're walking on your hands I guess), although for working out I always use underwear with no fly.

To use. Does anyone actually use the fly? How difficult is it to simply pull down from the band? The ones we're making are flyless.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics