• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay @SpierTeam Any chance that you’ll be restocking the high rise quest cottons in cream specifically and other colors? I missed out on the 32 contemporary. Didn’t expect them to seek that fast out the gate. Nabbed my size in the British khaki, but definitely wanting the cream for summer. Other options?

Not this season. Had no idea there would be this kind of demand tbh, especially since it leans dressier and the market is still stuck in wfh.

SteveMc

Reaction score
@SteveMc @spiermackay what do yall think of Quest cotton as jacketing material if I wanted to make a full suit out of it? Considering Taupe or light olive.

I don't see why not, but I do not presume to be any kind of authority on this matter.
@spiermackay can probably provide a much more knowledgeable answer.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not this season. Had no idea there would be this kind of demand tbh, especially since it leans dressier and the market is still stuck in wfh.
Dang. Word. Any returns on a Cream 32 contemporary, go ahead and put it to the side for me to cop. Lol

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at those quest trousers with just a t shirt, doesn't look bad at all. However, I dress pretty casual so chinos with belt loops with a slightly higher rise like those quest cotton pants and flat fronts would be a great seller.

Not sure if single pleats are "timeless" . What do I know. Shrugs

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After ordering a 40 slim and a 38 contemporary of the DB twill jacket, I thought I'd make a video to compare fit.
S&M's DB jackets look off to me. It's a distinct pear shape.

I was reading a comment on here that because DB's are already bottom heavy with the closed quarters, they need to be cut a bit shorter.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay Thoughts on a dark madras jacket for the future?

RM00090_NAVY_3

professorclee

Reaction score
S&M's DB jackets look off to me. It's a distinct pear shape.

I was reading a comment on here that because DB's are already bottom heavy with the closed quarters, they need to be cut a bit shorter.
Interesting. I find DBs to be hard overall for similar reasons. However, some will also object to the shorter length, I'm sure.

motorchang

Reaction score
It's a nice polished cotton. Would make a classy jacket for sure.

Will these quest cotton fabric from Huddersfield make into the selection for MTO sportcoat then?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads