• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sizing chart for 34 contemp trousers show a u rise of 10.8". Am I looking at the wrong measurements? I have noticed that while the front rise is usually ok when sizing up, tailoring down the waist on dress trousers, it is the back rise I still have an issue with, i.e. too short. This could also be me having a larger than average seat so as you stated, MTO will likely be the route of least resistance...With these tempting releases each season, you can't you blame me for wanting to make OTR work!
Can't adjust back rise through MTO, unfortunately. Already asked as I'm suffering from the same issue as you.

I wish S&M would allow for adjustment of back rise and also adjusting the rise at certain points, i.e. at crotch or waist which means that you'd be able to make the U wider in addition to making it higher.

I'd probably commission all my trousers and suits from S&M if that was the case. Heck, with the amount or SCs I'm commissioning from them and with the incoming MTO options for outwear, I'd probably just ask my employer to transfer my salary to S&M to save us all some time.
200.gif

Last edited:

joman8390

Reaction score
Di Pray, Cerrutti, Delfino, Carlo Barbera and Piacenza all have great cashmere. We'll start with the staple Navy and go from there. We can get cuts from Barbera and Piacenza but they are $$$$

In production.
Speaking of oatmeal, any chance of the oatmeal tweed sport coat coming back?

JayDee90

Reaction score
Can't adjust back rise through MTO, unfortunately. Already asked as I'm suffering from the same issue as you.

I wish S&M would allow for adjustment of back rise and also adjusting the rise at certain points, i.e. at crotch or waist which means that you'd be able to make the U wider in addition to making it higher.

I'd probably commission all my trousers and suits from S&M if that was the case. Heck, with the amount or SCs I'm commissioning from them and with the incoming MTO options for outwear, I'd probably just ask my employer to transfer my salary to S&M to save us all some time.
View attachment 1595533
Working with them on a MTM and in the last fitting I was also told that the u rise is all they could adjust so this looks like something that even their current MTM cannot account for. I was under the impression that initially (about a year ago) we were able to adjust front and back rise seperately. @spiermackay can you confirm this is indeed the case?

SteveMc

Reaction score
Cream Quest cotton came in today. In a nutshell: don't sleep on these guys.

This is my first high-rise pair and I absolutely love them. I really like the dressy cut combined with the casual fabric. Make these an everyday pair that you can wear to any casual environment, look sharp without being overdressed you know...

In the pictures below, they look a bit grayish, but that's just lighting or my phone. IRL, a true cream color pretty much as shown on the website.

A few fit pics straight out of the box.
1618731223766.jpg

1618731223760.jpg

1618731223772.jpg

motorchang

Reaction score

This is my first high-rise pair and I absolutely love them. I really like the dressy cut combined with the casual fabric. Make these an everyday pair that you can wear to any casual environment, look sharp without being overdressed you know...

In the pictures below, they look a bit grayish, but that's just lighting or my phone. IRL, a true cream color pretty much as shown on the website.

View attachment 1595558

View attachment 1595559

View attachment 1595560

Been waiting on reviews and IRL pic on these. Thanks for sharing. Olive pair is already on my way and glad to hear your take. Might get Khaki or cream myself too.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1595558

View attachment 1595559

View attachment 1595560
That is an excellent OTR fit. And the trousers look fabulous. Wear in good health.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1595558

View attachment 1595559

View attachment 1595560

These look excellent! Would you say the sizing is on spec or do they come up snug?

Rafael Loh

Reaction score

View attachment 1595558

View attachment 1595559

View attachment 1595560
Gosh, this fits you perfect! Just some hemming and cuffing and you're good to go!

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OTR high rise trousers have room to make the rise higher?

SteveMc

Reaction score
These look excellent! Would you say the sizing is on spec or do they come up snug?

Seems like it:
waist: 80 cm
front rise: 29 cm
thigh: 64 cm (not sure how exactly S&M measures, I measured 5 cm below crotch seem)
hem: 38 cm

Edit: for a 30 contemporary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads