• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No complaints about the sweatshirts, the current model. However, if you're gonna change it. I can hold out for the new version. ;) I was planning on buying the Grey and navy ones to add since I'm very happy with my black.

I actually wear the sweatshirt alot since I'm WFH. Don't mess with the sizing though. First gen the medium is tight and now this current gen the medium has room. I could technically wear a smaller size but I wouldn't be able to layer.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay oh right, I forgot about the jeans..are those still in the works? I actually don't mind the uniqlo tapered fit (kaihara denim) that I have been wearing recently aside from the short inseam but would be interested to see your take on this

They don't sell those anymore. I went in store before the lowdown and all they had were slim fits. On the website there is ez fit, but never tried those jeans. Just want dark wash.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's a very reasonable price. I'd be in.

Any possibility for MTO? I'm shorter (5'6"), and find RTW casual jackets run a little long on me.

Not out of the gate. I'm 5'7" prefer a short in the sportcoats myself. That said, both styles are hip lenth to start, so work fine even on shorter guys.

Viatu

Reaction score
Anyone interested in 100% Cashmere sportcoat from Di Pray in MTO? It's as lux as you can get. Proper investment piece that will last. We're thinking in a solid navy twill.

We can offer it at $698 USD in MTO. Pretty ridiculous price. But we have to buy up a full roll and would only be able to make 20 jackets.

If you can make a size US 54 I'd be interested.

Viatu

Reaction score
Why is a size 54 available as MTO but if you go under custom there's no size 54? If I list I want a size 54 in the order comments can I get it?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The belt loop on the high rise extended waistband trousers needs to move closer to the button like they used to be. I noticed on my F/W cords and Fresco that the loop is now in an awkward placement. Not sure if that’s a new intentional thing

Will look into it.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I first was drawn to your brand because of the sport coats, trousers and dress shirts.

But starting with COVID and it looks like on an ongoing basis I'll need very little more formal options (still appreciate you offering what you do when I need it!) and have been drawn to the polished yet more casual offerings. You guys are doing great with this.

The I love buying too much outerwear and I'd love to see more. Maybe a suede field jacket? I might get an A1 but I'm not much of a trucker guy.

But I'd love to see you keep it up with sweatshirts, sweaters... and I know denim is coming. I trust you'll do this well.

Other casual basics I'd like are socks and high quality thick t-shirts. The shirts you had before were the only s&m item I didn't like. I prefer a thick, beefy t-shirt. And maybe some quality basic merino socks in basic colors?

Oh yeah and I'm looking forward to mto outerwear. I missed on the green double breasted overcoat a couple years back and it is haunting me.

Working on new T-shirts. First go was underwhelming. Socks at a good price require massive quantity buys. Looking into that too, but it isn't a priority at the moment.

We do have underwear coming. Really great Cotton/Modal blend. Very comfortable. $18

Green DB. You're wish will be granted this Fall.

sid11111

Reaction score
Working on new T-shirts. First go was underwhelming. Socks at a good price require massive quantity buys. Looking into that too, but it isn't a priority at the moment.

We do have underwear coming. Really great Cotton/Modal blend. Very comfortable. $18

Green DB. You're wish will be granted this Fall.
I'd buy good quality socks if they weren't one-size. Glad you're back posting here Rick.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Speaking of upcoming FW drops, how did it go with the waxed canvas jackets you showed prototypes for a while back?

Jason12

Reaction score
I'd love an oatmeal coloured cashmere cloth for MTO that is not too smooth. Pretty much the same shade as Simon Crompton's Elia Caliendo one

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay oh right, I forgot about the jeans..are those still in the works? I actually don't mind the uniqlo tapered fit (kaihara denim) that I have been wearing recently aside from the short inseam but would be interested to see your take on this

Yes. Still in the works. Should basically be same fit at the cords. 5 pocket. 3-4 washes. 100% cotton 13 oz. Non-Selvedge out of the gate. Target price $58 USD.

JayDee90

Reaction score
Yes. Still in the works. Should basically be same fit at the cords. 5 pocket. 3-4 washes. 100% cotton 13 oz. Non-Selvedge out of the gate. Target price $58 USD.
Nice! Given your high rise trousers are more of a mid/high rise, would you consider increasing the u-rise on the jeans? not to the proportions of dress trousers meant to be worn strictly with a jacket but some type of happy middle?

Somewhat related, any plans to increase the rise on the OTR high rise trousers? Any planned changes to the trouser pattern in the medium-term?

(I understand I have far surpassed my daily allowance of questions...:))

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No complaints about the sweatshirts, the current model. However, if you're gonna change it. I can hold out for the new version. ;) I was planning on buying the Grey and navy ones to add since I'm very happy with my black.

I actually wear the sweatshirt alot since I'm WFH. Don't mess with the sizing though. First gen the medium is tight and now this current gen the medium has room. I could technically wear a smaller size but I wouldn't be able to layer.

Not planning on changing much. Maybe just a garment wash to reduce the cotton shine at purchase. But that goes away with the first wash as is. Not touching the size. I think we have that right with this lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads