• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acg2010

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with or pictures of the Minnis POW Fresco that's on sale? Trying to figure out if it'd make a good DB sportcoat or even suit.
Same question. Also @spiermackay when you go to the discount page for these MTO the pricing on several is incorrect (the houndstooth) or leads to the wrong fabric in the configurator.

thisfits

Reaction score
Update on the Suedes:

Price will be Approx. $598 USD. The quality of the suede is pretty damn impressive.

Any interest at that price? Lowering the price means shittier suede. No one wants that.

That's a very reasonable price. I'd be in.

Any possibility for MTO? I'm shorter (5'6"), and find RTW casual jackets run a little long on me.

Beav

Reaction score
The shine comes from the Extra Long Staple cotton used. It's similar to Pima and is a little more polished. It does go away in the wash. We are thinking to garment wash them on the next run.

As far as feeling broken in from the get go, as compared to say a Uniqlo, they use a lighter weight terry and peach it slightly. I think you can tell the weight difference between the two. We use a very dense knit. I'm contemplating of going to a slightly lighter knit as it seems most in this market segment want that out of the box softness. If you compare to better brands like RC, they are not overly treated. They need a slight break in period and that's what we wanted but at a better price.

We are planning on more basics and staples done the SPIER & MACKAY way. Quality driven/Value priced.
I first was drawn to your brand because of the sport coats, trousers and dress shirts.

But starting with COVID and it looks like on an ongoing basis I'll need very little more formal options (still appreciate you offering what you do when I need it!) and have been drawn to the polished yet more casual offerings. You guys are doing great with this.

The I love buying too much outerwear and I'd love to see more. Maybe a suede field jacket? I might get an A1 but I'm not much of a trucker guy.

But I'd love to see you keep it up with sweatshirts, sweaters... and I know denim is coming. I trust you'll do this well.

Other casual basics I'd like are socks and high quality thick t-shirts. The shirts you had before were the only s&m item I didn't like. I prefer a thick, beefy t-shirt. And maybe some quality basic merino socks in basic colors?

Oh yeah and I'm looking forward to mto outerwear. I missed on the green double breasted overcoat a couple years back and it is haunting me.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

owenshill

Reaction score
Anyone interested in 100% Cashmere sportcoat from Di Pray in MTO? It's as lux as you can get. Proper investment piece that will last. We're thinking in a solid navy twill.

We can offer it at $698 USD in MTO. Pretty ridiculous price. But we have to buy up a full roll and would only be able to make 20 jackets.
I’d buy one.

JayDee90

Reaction score
@spiermackay oh right, I forgot about the jeans..are those still in the works? I actually don't mind the uniqlo tapered fit (kaihara denim) that I have been wearing recently aside from the short inseam but would be interested to see your take on this

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The belt loop on the high rise extended waistband trousers needs to move closer to the button like they used to be. I noticed on my F/W cords and Fresco that the loop is now in an awkward placement. Not sure if that’s a new intentional thing
Noticed On My Blue Seersukers, Needs To Be Moved Closer To Button!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a FW 290 gsm weight.. 100% cashmere at any weight is too warm for Spring/summer. Looking a solid navy twill. Looks like a serge cloth visually. Standard navy blazer, but feels bloody stellar.

i don’t need a $700 sportcoat,i don’t need a $700 sportcoat,i don’t need a $700 sportcoat....

....I might need a $700 sportcoat.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay oh right, I forgot about the jeans..are those still in the works? I actually don't mind the uniqlo tapered fit (kaihara denim) that I have been wearing recently aside from the short inseam but would be interested to see your take on this
I am also interested in the denim progress. I don't mind my Naked & Famous, but I am sure @spiermackay will rock it out of the park

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on the Suedes:

Price will be Approx. $598 USD. The quality of the suede is pretty damn impressive.

Any interest at that price? Lowering the price means shittier suede. No one wants that.
Is this going to finally be the Safucker jacket I've been waiting for?

Potatoe

Reaction score
The shine comes from the Extra Long Staple cotton used. It's similar to Pima and is a little more polished. It does go away in the wash. We are thinking to garment wash them on the next run.

As far as feeling broken in from the get go, as compared to say a Uniqlo, they use a lighter weight terry and peach it slightly. I think you can tell the weight difference between the two. We use a very dense knit. I'm contemplating of going to a slightly lighter knit as it seems most in this market segment want that out of the box softness. If you compare to better brands like RC, they are not overly treated. They need a slight break in period and that's what we wanted but at a better price.

We are planning on more basics and staples done the SPIER & MACKAY way. Quality driven/Value priced.
Would love to see high quality white and off white t-shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads