• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Angel91

Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I’ll take it into consideration for future purchases. I was wondering also because of CETA agreement, but I see it doesn’t change anything for this type of product. I

Potatoe

Reaction score
My Green pair. They're a little loose, but I've lost a bunch of weight lately. I'll probably give them 5 or 10 minutes in a medium dryer and see what that does and then take them in for hemming.

View attachment 1595200

Shirt: Thomas Pink
Belt: AE Ranger Street
Shoes: AE Leiden Weaves
They look good but probably a touch too long. I like the shirt as well.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I’ll take it into consideration for future purchases. I was wondering also because of CETA agreement, but I see it doesn’t change anything for this type of product. I

CETA is for goods make in Canada or the EU. Most of our items are made in Asia, so they wouldn't come under the agreement.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look good but probably a touch too long. I like the shirt as well.

I stumbled onto the great Thomas Pink fire sale during lockdown. 3 dress shirts for $39 each. Two made in Como Grenadine ties for $24 each plus a made in the UK woven silk tie for $19 and a made in the UK cashmere sweater for $95. I walked away happy.

As for length, I didn't have S&M hem them. After the first wash or two, I'll take them in to my person for that.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on the updated sweatshirts? I'm wearing mine at least 3x a week now. Wearing it now as I type this.

Sweatshirts are a pretty ubiquitous item, but to find something solid at a reasonable price was a challenge. I think these at $48 USD offer a solid value. Fabric is really great IMO. Wash well, and break in like an old school sweat.

Potatoe

Reaction score
So I was a bit disapointed that there is no 31 slim in trousers so I ordered a 32. Turns out the 32 is actually smaller than the cords in 31.

They will have to go back which is a minor annoyance.

That said, the trousers are awesome. Even my wife picked them up off the coffee table and commented on the quality. I'm actually not sure how S&M can deliver such high quality stuff at these prices.

Looking forward to getting some in my size

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I stumbled onto the great Thomas Pink fire sale during lockdown. 3 dress shirts for $39 each. Two made in Como Grenadine ties for $24 each plus a made in the UK woven silk tie for $19 and a made in the UK cashmere sweater for $95. I walked away happy.

As for length, I didn't have S&M hem them. After the first wash or two, I'll take them in to my person for that.

Good, our old guy would hem them like Daisy Dukes.......lol I Kid, I kid. We sorted the hem issues. All is good now. Don't be afraid. Anyone who is not happy with the hem work, email CS, they will take care of you.

Beav

Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on the updated sweatshirts? I'm wearing mine at least 3x a week now. Wearing it now as I type this.

Sweatshirts are a pretty ubiquitous item, but to find something solid at a reasonable price was a challenge. I think these at $48 USD offer a solid value. Fabric is really great IMO. Wash well, and break in like an old school sweat.
Yeah I've got some new and old ones. Great product. I don't need new stuff all the time but I hope you guys keep them as an ongoing item.

The only thing I'd say is maybe add a dark forest green.

Love the product.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I was a bit disapointed that there is no 31 slim in trousers so I ordered a 32. Turns out the 32 is actually smaller than the cords in 31.

They will have to go back which is a minor annoyance.

That said, the trousers are awesome. Even my wife picked them up off the coffee table and commented on the quality. I'm actually not sure how S&M can deliver such high quality stuff at these prices.

Looking forward to getting some in my size

How was everything else, other than the waist?

31 cords, have a finished waist of 33.

32 Trousers have a finished waist of 33.5. Keep in mind manufacturing tolerances. Trousers can be taken in/let out fairly easily. If all else fits well (hip/thigh/leg) better to adjust the waist. Changing sizes means all the other proportions will be changed too.

In terms of value. We think we offer fair value. Others just overcharge or under deliver in terms of quality.

Potatoe

Reaction score

I ordered one yesterday, looking forward to it.

And you're right, it is hard to find quality basics with no logo.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I initially didn't like mine as it seemed a bit too shiny and not as soft/broken in feeling like my classic uniqlo terry cotton grey melange. Though after wearing it a few times I started to like it more and the fit is so much better because it isn't a box. After I wash it a couple times I am sure it will become softer and age better. Any other casual basics coming like henley's or what not?
Good, our old guy would hem them like Daisy Dukes.......lol I Kid, I kid. We sorted the hem issues. All is good now. Don't be afraid. Anyone who is not happy with the hem work, email CS, they will take care of you.
What ended up being the issue with hemming? As some people got them perfect, while others got them butchered. Must have been a hit for you with some of those jobs

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just received this one yesterday and the IRL color is the same as the picture on the SP website. I tried to take a picture but my Iphone 5 doesn't honnour it!
We need pics and feedback of the high rise Quest cottons, good sir. I have at least two pair in my cart and stand ready to mash “go” pending a favorable report.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I initially didn't like mine as it seemed a bit too shiny and not as soft/broken in feeling like my classic uniqlo terry cotton grey melange. Though after wearing it a few times I started to like it more and the fit is so much better because it isn't a box. After I wash it a couple times I am sure it will become softer and age better. Any other casual basics coming like henley's or what not?

What ended up being the issue with hemming? As some people got them perfect, while others got them butchered. Must have been a hit for you with some of those jobs

Different tailors. It is a human at the machine still.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We need pics and feedback of the high rise Quest cottons, good sir. I have at least two pair in my cart and stand ready to mash “go” pending a favorable report.

Mash now. You won't be disappointed. Keep in mind they are "dress" trousers and lean more formal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads