• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Double breasted, belted, and in tan? That would be an instant buy for me.

There is a Tan, but I know than has a spectrum of shades of Tan. It's the more traditional, yellow hue. The darker brown tan is common too, but that's not the one.

Rafsan

Reaction score
Any IRL pic of the suit? Been eyeing on it since last month. But can’t trust SM website photos for color.
I ran out of daylight, can’t really capture it at the moment, only with soft yellow indoor light. Another person just posted a pic of the trousers against a few diff color jackets earlier today, take a look. And I’d actually say the online photos are pretty accurate for this color, especially the up close photos where the inside Fox Bros patch is captured and the following up close shots. It’s a tad bit darker than the mannequin photos, but those new type of pics capture it well.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a Tan, but I know than has a spectrum of shades of Tan. It's the more traditional, yellow hue. The darker brown tan is common too, but that's not the one.
The more traditional “yellow” shade is what I’d be most interested in, but as long as it’s double breasted and belted, shade is secondary.

I am very excited lol

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Some S$M, On A Casaual Wednesday...

20210414_220938.jpg

20210414_221133.jpg

20210414_221143.jpg

Stylewords

Reaction score
Working on adding MTO chinos. Hope to have that ready to go by the end of Summer. Factory and fabric source for the chinos is different, so setting up the program is extra work.
That's fantastic. We are talking casual cut, (relatively) thick, non-sheen chinos, right?

Jason12

Reaction score
on the mention of trench coats, some hooded water-resistant coats would be a nice idea too. Maybe in the spirit of the coherence Charles like a mid-length cotton hunting jacket with the removable hood or like the ruiz, a knee-length hooded coat made out of synthetic or wool/synthetic fabric (like parka shell but no down filling)

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Most of these changes should be fairly easy to integrate. Let me see what we can do. We've already sampled an undarted jacket almost a year ago, but with everything going on, I didn't do much with it. lol. Didn't realize there was much interest in it.

That's exciting. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it!

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Swelled edges can be requested in the notes. But It really only works on thicker fabrics like tweeds/flannels to get a good raised effect. Otherwise, it just looks a bit flat. Example if it's done on a worsted or serge, you get the stitch detail, but the "swell" is almost non-existant.

Wow, my mind is blown ?. Thank you for sharing this.

On the one hand, I'm more than a little sad that I didn't t try requesting swelled edges on my last MTO tweed (I just assumed it wasn't available).

However, this brings a whole new realm of possibilities for me ...thinking about finally getting that perfect black and white herringbone tweed and then an ivy-looking fine whale corduroy SC with triple patch swelled pockets.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Most of these changes should be fairly easy to integrate. Let me see what we can do. We've already sampled an undarted jacket almost a year ago, but with everything going on, I didn't do much with it. lol. Didn't realize there was much interest in it.

You might be surprised with the number of customers who will come out of the woodwork for an undarted jacket. It's a quiet, but very enthusiastic collection of guys in both the US and the UK who are into it.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
@spiermackay can lapped seams be requested in MTO as well? I would also be very interested in more ivy style options

oh good call...I was conflating swelled edge & lapped seams as one feature.

swelled edge = stitching ~ 1/4" from the EDGE of the lapel
lapped seam = added line of stitching along pockets, and possibly other seams like center back seam.

I'd love to get clarity on this as well.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
You might be surprised with the number of customers who will come out of the woodwork for an undarted jacket. It's a quiet, but very enthusiastic collection of guys in both the US and the UK who are into it.

Agreed. Dare I say even offering it as an RTW option might be a good idea, but I don't know the business side of menswear to that extent. But as I said before, a Spier MTO sport coat with all of the Ivy details is still less expensive than J. Press, O'Connell's, Sid Mashburn, etc (and even contemporary J. Press doesn't get the natural shoulder just right IMO). There aren't a ton of purveyors of the style left out there but it has an enthusiastic group of disciples.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads