• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im looking at ES 30/31 actually. What are your measurments and do you have a fit pic?
Don't have a fit pic on my PC, but I am about 135lbs and a 29" waist. Ideally could take 0.5" out of the waist, but too lazy. The shorts do this and fit my waist much better. Thigh is about 20" I believe. They sit about 1-2" below belly button, where these type of casual trouser should fit

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a UPS problem. I've had a few UPS deliveries do that. The conveyor belts show no mercy.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Really? So these came out last year? I don’t remember them. Say more about this...
Fresco Trousers SS20

20210412_143901.jpg

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. So they’ve been sitting in your closet for a year untailored?! What’s the hold up?!
I still haven’t tailored my pants for my Solaro suit and tux I bought in 19, or my seersucker I bought in 20 lol.

Im dropping the Solaro and seersucker off at the tailor next week though.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still haven’t tailored my pants for my Solaro suit and tux I bought in 19, or my seersucker I bought in 20 lol.

Im dropping the Solaro and seersucker off at the tailor next week though.
You and @1st Step must have deep closets to go so long without having stuff tailored. I’m trying to get like y’all!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and @1st Step must have deep closets to go so long without having stuff tailored. I’m trying to get like y’all!

partially that, but I bought the Solero in fall 19 and the seersucker in spring 20- because of Covid lockdowns, I never had an opportunity to wear them. When I started my new job in December, I knew that my go to was going to be dress pants/sport coats, so getting my frescos from last year hemmed was the priority first. Similarly, I’m probably not going to get the tux pants hemmed until the fall, closer to black tie season

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What makes the Dugdale covert that much better than the VBCs?

It's not that it's that much better. It's more rare but different. It's has a softer hand and a double twill weave. Similar, but distinct. Also, Dugdale is a merchant rather than a Mill, so there is a slight premium from Dugdale because of that nature.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Similar question. There's a pair of Guabello Super 130's navy trousers with side adjusters that came out a couple weeks ago in conjunction with a navy peak lapel suit. Is there any indication that this is the same fabric or dye lot as the navy Guabello peak lapel suit from last year? I love that suit, but definitely prefer side adjusters to belt loops...

Different dye lot. Not a 100% match with those.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. So they’ve been sitting in your closet for a year untailored?! What’s the hold up?!

Got All Of These (Late Season) During Sales, Then Covid, Lockdown, Change Of Season/Winter And Having Way Too (Clothing) Much...

Edit; You Don't Want A Deep Closet, It's Scary! I Have About 20 more Pairs In Need Of Hemming!

Last edited:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
partially that, but I bought the Solero in fall 19 and the seersucker in spring 20- because of Covid lockdowns, I never had an opportunity to wear them. When I started my new job in December, I knew that my go to was going to be dress pants/sport coats, so getting my frescos from last year hemmed was the priority first. Similarly, I’m probably not going to get the tux pants hemmed until the fall, closer to black tie season
As Needed! :fonz:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time in a while I got that dreaded OOS email for the Linen/Cotton Gingham shirt, placed an order when there was 3 left in stock too. Maybe I’ll catch it in a future re stock from returns

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics