• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this one:
spier incorrect horn genuine not.png

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they are the same! The Olive linen jacket had the mill code. The trousers have an internal fabric code. Same fabric. Same lot.

CS, they can only go with the info they have at their finger tips, which is to match codes to verify. Rare case where the jackets and the trousers of the same item are coming in two different seasons.

Similar question. There's a pair of Guabello Super 130's navy trousers with side adjusters that came out a couple weeks ago in conjunction with a navy peak lapel suit. Is there any indication that this is the same fabric or dye lot as the navy Guabello peak lapel suit from last year? I love that suit, but definitely prefer side adjusters to belt loops...

VincentC

Reaction score
We haven't cut yet. So?....who else..

I'd love to see basically your normal flat front, belt loop chinos with a higher rise!

I think a lot of people (me included) would like the current chinos with a higher rise AND particularly for the slim chinos. Maybe you could create a new "mid-rise chino" with the same rise for contemporary and slim that is higher than the current (contemporary) rise.

To pile onto this - Slim and Extra Slim chinos in high rise (10.5"-11") and you would be catering to so many people that are without a solid standby! I would LOVE this. Wore the slim high rise dress trousers for my wedding and fell in love with the fit, and instantly wished I could get the same with a chino.

VincentC

Reaction score
One more quick question - I used to order my shirts strictly from either CT or Spier and Mackay, and loved yours far more. I had an ongoing issue with shirts in my size having abnormally tight cuffs, however. This is maybe 2-3 years ago or so, and sadly had to move on because of it (MTM for just cuffs would be silly). I couldn't even comfortably wear a watch, and I have pretty skinny wrists. Has this measurement changed at all since then? Am I an outlier in feeling the cuffs were very narrow?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Hertling trousers made from what I think was the same Dugdale cavalry twill being used here. I currently have trousers in covert and cavalry twill and prefer the appearance of cavalry. If I could MTM a pair, I would absolutely be in on this deal but I might still get in because the price is phenomenal.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Hertling trousers made from what I think was the same Dugdale cavalry twill being used here. I currently have trousers in covert and cavalry twill and prefer the appearance of cavalry. If I could MTM a pair, I would absolutely be in on this deal but I might still get in because the price is phenomenal.
y'all are getting me super interested and hyped for these f--king dugdale trousers. might have to order two pairs... heh

hschrapel

Reaction score
@spiermackay is there any plans to alter the cut on the high rise contemp trousers? I'm sure I'm not the only one that still feels as though the contemp is still too tight in the thighs, and having to sizing up once or twice and tapering the waist seems to be the common consensus. Seems like people are calling out for an edit to the OTR pattern.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay is there any plans to alter the cut on the high rise contemp trousers? I'm sure I'm not the only one that still feels as though the contemp is still too tight in the thighs, and having to sizing up once or twice and tapering the waist seems to be the common consensus. Seems like people are calling out for an edit to the OTR pattern.

Yes, please. My butt and thighs need room!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nooooooo!
Yes, please. My butt and thighs need room!
maybe add a husky (athletic) fit? ?

Rafsan

Reaction score
I’ll respectfully have to voice my disagreement with this. I take my regular waist size in high-rise, and feel it fits quite well. The SS21 trousers seem to be a bit slimmer at the bottom of the leg (just my perception), which is nice, but I think getting any more room in the seat/thighs will start to get too baggy. I’d even classify myself as having larger seat and quad, but I’m happy with the current pattern on the high rise trousers.

cr2596

Reaction score
Anyone with the dress chinos? Are they really dry clean only? I bought a couple pairs not realizing that designation, and that just won’t work for my purposes. Will need to return if I can’t wash at home.

Also, an “athletic fit” would be huge. Nothing y’all currently offer fits me in any real way without sizing up and major alterations to waist and leg end

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavalry is also typically pretty damn heavy.

As it should be!:-D

In other news, someone was asking for pics of any of the Guabello tobacco wool pieces. Well, there they are (assuming they are still in the box; I’ll know when I get home).

Maybe not enough TLC by UPS or maybe not the greatest packing job. We’ll see what’s inside.

7C494606-5F10-4995-B3A9-672A72E3DEC0.jpeg

A94A6189-769D-4237-B11C-4C7A9BB415A6.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics