• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
After sending a General Query to Spier and Mackay - they seem to be different fabric codes and may not be a match.

No, they are the same! The Olive linen jacket had the mill code. The trousers have an internal fabric code. Same fabric. Same lot.

CS, they can only go with the info they have at their finger tips, which is to match codes to verify. Rare case where the jackets and the trousers of the same item are coming in two different seasons.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay will the denim shirt fabrics (specifically light wash) be available in MTO? If so, do you know roughly when?

We've arranged some cloth. But the thing is, in the MTO if just ordering a shirt in pre-washed cloth, you will not get the hi/lo effect on the seams and you basically lose the "denim" look. We will offer the cloth, just be aware of this fact.

The alternate is to do what PC does and collect the orders, then send everything for washing post sewing. This actually takes a great deal of co-ordination as each shirt has to be individually tagged so when it goes for washing, it can be identified who's shirt it is once it comes back.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great to see you back around @spiermackay !

I've ordered some MTO shirts twice in the past month or so, and both times the experience of putting the shirt together was a nightmare. I thought it was a localized incident however there are a couple of others here that have mentioned issues as well. Just wanted to check in and see if your team is aware? It took me nearly an hour to order 3 shirts when it should have taken me 5 minutes. Kept getting logged out, shirts disappeared from my cart, and when choosing certain fabrics as trimming for the inner collar/cuff I would get stuck on the page.

The team knows. I assume you were using Windows 10, there was an update that caused a glitch. Should be fixed now.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the estimated price on the Dugdale's? I seem to recall $200+ getting thrown around

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What was the estimated price on the Dugdale's? I seem to recall $200+ getting thrown around

$250 USD. Very good price for these. There is a discernable difference between these and the VBC Covert. For an enthusiast looking for an investment trouser, these should be considered.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$250 USD. Very good price for these. There is a discernable difference between these and the VBC Covert. For an enthusiast looking for an investment trouser, these should be considered.

Oh I'm definitely in on at least one pair, $250 is an incredible price

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they are the same! The Olive linen jacket had the mill code. The trousers have an internal fabric code. Same fabric. Same lot.

CS, they can only go with the info they have at their finger tips, which is to match codes to verify. Rare case where the jackets and the trousers of the same item are coming in two different seasons.
Same Q for the Natural linen trousers. Same fabric as last year’s jacket?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics