• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a 35.5" Chest and wear 36R Slim and took an XS, same as my Polo size. This fits me nice and slim without being skin tight. I would say go S for trim look, M for a bit more relaxed feel.
I did say it was shiny and smooth looking, but it is more me nit picking. When on it feels and wears great, most normal people in the street probably won't notice.
Gotcha, thanks for the tip man.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tips for sweatshirt sizing? I've seen contradictory info.

I'm a 38" chest, wear 38 contemporary.

A small?

How is the fabric? I also read the fabric is weirdly shiny and smooth which sounds ehhh.

I wear a 38slim regular. I'm 5'10 and 158lbs. I went with a medium. Sure small could also fit me but it would before fitted.

Basically, regular fit go with medium. Size small will be slim fit. Just whatever you prefer.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 38slim regular. I'm 5'10 and 158lbs. I went with a medium. Sure small could also fit me but it would before fitted.

Basically, regular fit go with medium. Size small will be slim fit. Just whatever you prefer.
Ok, sounds like I'm leaning towards a medium.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Hello, gentlemen. We are trying to see if there would be any interest in a group buy for Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers. We are looking at potentially offering 2-3 different colours in our high-rise trouser style, at a price of about $250 USD. If there is enough interest in these, orders would open up sometime in July/August, with delivery taking place between September-October. Please let us know if you would be interested in this potential project.
I’d be interested. More interested in some colors than others.

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
Playing around with the Emerald Tweed sport coat, fabric by Angelico.
BE6EC492-BD33-4CA0-8B47-E7F8DC6D21F9.jpeg

The fabric is incredible
46316FA0-7863-48CE-868A-E329BEDC4930.jpeg

goodwillhinton

Reaction score
I need some sizing help. I have dropped 30 lbs since October which is necessitating a complete wardrobe overhaul. I used to wear a 44 jacket but went by a tailor and SuitSupply this weekend and discovered I am now a 40. I was able to find product measurements for the SuSu Havana jacket and see that it is identical to 40 at SM. I'm not finding any product measurements on the SuSu shirts however. I tried on a 15 3/4 Slim shirt at SuSu. Any ideas what this would translate into at SM?

Last edited:

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
I need some sizing help. I have dropped 30 lbs since October which is necessitating a complete wardrobe overhaul. I used to wear a 44 jacket but went by a tailor and SuitSupply this weekend and discovered I am now a 40. I was able to find product measurements for the SuSu Havana jacket and see that it is identical to 40 at SM. I'm not finding any product measurements on the SuSu shirts however. I tried on a 15 3/4 Slim shirt at SuSu. Any ideas what this would translate into at SM?

Your best bet is probably 16 slim, maybe extra slim. I take a 15.5 slim most times, but can get away with a 16 extra slim, thus, a 16 extra slim is probably too fitted for a 15.75 slim. For reference, I take a 15.5 slim in SuitSupply, so the two brand’s slims are pretty similar. I’d start with 16 slim, as the extra slim would probably just toe the line of too tight. You can always fine tune by adding darts.

motorchang

Reaction score
Had to look formal and conservative today so tried this suit combination for the first time. Guabello navy hopsack. I've actually had the trousers for a while. Then one day it dawned on me that I don't have the basic navy jacket or suit in my rotation and it might be a good idea to get this purchase out of the way to move further forward. So I started to look around and noticed that the same fabric was being offered as a jacket in both standard and Neo cut as well as DB, which will enable me to assemble a suit with the trouser. I went with the Neo 38 slim. Pretty happy with the fit unbuttoned but when buttoned, it seems a bit tighter around the waist than my other Neo jacket in the same size, forming a slight X crease. So I'm planning to let the back out a little more.

Shirt is the purple label royal twill. I think I'm getting the hang of ironing unfused collar little by little. It drove me absolutely crazy the first time I tried lol

Do the jacket sleeves look a little long? I've noticed that my arms are not the longest so figured that not too shortening them would be better for me proportion-wise although the chance of shirt cuffs showing gets slimmer this way.

Untitled 2.png

Untitled 3.png

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
Had to look formal and conservative today so tried this suit combination for the first time. Guabello navy hopsack. I've actually had the trousers for a while. Then one day it dawned on me that I don't have the basic navy jacket or suit in my rotation and it might be a good idea to get this purchase out of the way to move further forward. So I started to look around and noticed that the same fabric was being offered as a jacket in both standard and Neo cut as well as DB, which will enable me to assemble a suit with the trouser. I went with the Neo 38 slim. Pretty happy with the fit unbuttoned but when buttoned, it seems a bit tighter around the waist than my other Neo jacket in the same size, forming a slight X crease. So I'm planning to let the back out a little more.

Shirt is the purple label royal twill. I think I'm getting the hang of ironing unfused collar little by little. It drove me absolutely crazy the first time I tried lol

Do the jacket sleeves look a little long? I've noticed that my arms are not the longest so figured that not too shortening them would be better for me proportion-wise although the chance of shirt cuffs showing gets slimmer this way.

View attachment 1569779

View attachment 1569787
For business wear, your sleeves are appropriate. Contrast your sleeve against the ocean of men with fabric hanging down to their fingers, and you’re miles ahead without any alterations. It looks like the shirt cuff is sitting properly, so I might shorten the sleeves 1/4”, but it’s a pretty tiny alteration — and I find after you get moving throughout the day it’s not noticeable. A touch more shirt looks good in outfit photos, but in reality, when you’re reaching, walking, etc. there isn’t a super noticeable difference. How many times do you stand straight up with your arms at your side?

Love this outfit though, I will have to get me one of those shirts! The collar size is fantastic without being overly spread.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

View attachment 1569779

View attachment 1569787

i did the same thing. I bought the guabello hop sack jacket and decided to buy the pants to act as a suit in case I ever need to wear one. The fit looks good. You could shorten the sleeves but if you left them like that I don’t think it looks bad.

conak

Reaction score

View attachment 1569779

View attachment 1569787

Like most people on this forum I like to show some cuff, but if you are in a conservative professional environment you should leave the sleeves where they are, provided the length on your left sleeve is the same (my left arm is .5 inch shorter). High rise trousers and neo are already a bit of a statement for a conservative office.

motorchang

Reaction score
touch more shirt looks good in outfit photos, but in reality, when you’re reaching, walking, etc. there isn’t a super noticeable difference. How many times do you stand straight up with your arms at your side?

Love this outfit though, I will have to get me one of those shirts! The collar size is fantastic without being overly spread.

You're absolutely right. As a someone who's fairly green in this journey, I tend to sweat on one of these things from time to time. It's good to be reminded once in a while that I don't live in some sort of menswear lookbook of world. Love the size of the collar and the way they sit as well. Very rewarding shirt to wash and iron all by myself!

i did the same thing. I bought the guabello hop sack jacket and decided to buy the pants to act as a suit in case I ever need to wear one. The fit looks good. You could shorten the sleeves but if you left them like that I don’t think it looks bad.

Thanks for the endorsement. I gotta say it feels strangely good when you realize that an item you thought you're only going to wear as a separate could easily be turned in to a part of a suit all of a sudden!

Like most people on this forum I like to show some cuff, but if you are in a conservative professional environment you should leave the sleeves where they are, provided the length on your left sleeve is the same (my left arm is .5 inch shorter). High rise trousers and neo are already a bit of a statement for a conservative office.

Actually my office is quite relaxed. As long as you wear something that has a semblance of having collars and lapels, you're pass, and most of my colleagues do manage just as much lol But even then, high rise with pleats, 2 inch cuffs and big lapels are quite a stand out.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mentioned mostly switching to Proper Cloth before but...

20210308-162655-HDR-2.jpg

Fresh out of the box. This is also a cooper collar, the placket and collar is all completely one seamless piece. They pretty much nailed it. Fingers crossed nothing happens post-wash!

Shout out to Prabh, from S&M, for working through this with me.

I requested "Cooper collar" in the notes section.

20210308-164031-HDR-2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads