• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

motorchang

Reaction score
Yes, could in fact wear it year round depending on temperature outside and how much time you’d be spending outside. Linen is a visibly seasonal fabric while fresco doesn’t look like a summer-only fabric. It’s just that the open weave lets wind through very easily, so it is not comfortable to wear outside when it’s cold. But if you don’t have to be outside in the winter (or it doesn’t get cold where you live) you could wear fresco year-round.
Generally, yes. There is at least one brand I can think of that had Minnis fresco tailoring in their most recent AW collection.

Minnis - all year
VBC would be 3 seasons for me - I’m not wearing on coldest days.
All depends on where you are. For me, Philadelphia area, the VBC fresco is too light and airy except in mid summer.

Thanks for chiming in. I live in Korea where in summer it gets as hot as over 95 degrees but during winter it can be as cold as under 10 degrees. So while airy and light is much appreciated for summer, a bit of versatility is also in consideration for transitioning seasons as well. Got my flannels for super cold days though.

While I'm still contemplating what to get for spring/summer, here's me milking out some of last chances of wearing turtlenecks for casual Friday at the office. I posted this combination only with a different jacket before. Green roll neck seems to go well with brown tone of the jacket.

IMG_9260 3.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any linen suiting in the offing this summer? I’m assuming no, based on the redonk amount of drops SM has been putting out already.

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Hello, gentlemen. We are trying to see if there would be any interest in a group buy for Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers. We are looking at potentially offering 2-3 different colours in our high-rise trouser style, at a price of about $250 USD. If there is enough interest in these, orders would open up sometime in July/August, with delivery taking place between September-October. Please let us know if you would be interested in this potential project.

Make a pair in green and I'm in.

theh00d

Reaction score
Hello, gentlemen. We are trying to see if there would be any interest in a group buy for Dugdale Cavalry Twill trousers. We are looking at potentially offering 2-3 different colours in our high-rise trouser style, at a price of about $250 USD. If there is enough interest in these, orders would open up sometime in July/August, with delivery taking place between September-October. Please let us know if you would be interested in this potential project.

I'm liking light fawn and fawn :D

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's funny. I'm very interested in a safari/field jacket exactly like the one they prototyped, and it would be a complete dealbreaker if it had any kind of elastic/knit finishing anywhere. What do you find appealing about that sort of thing?

If I remember correctly, they were targeting 599 USD. I believe it was intended for this FW season though, and never worked out. Hopefully they'll still go ahead with it at some point.
For me personally, it looks less formal which is the reason I'd be interested in the first place. I would wear it exclusively with denim trousers. If my intention was to wear it with wool trousers though, I'd opt for the field/safari looking like jacket which is a bit longer.

Imperatores

Reaction score
For me personally, it looks less formal which is the reason I'd be interested in the first place. I would wear it exclusively with denim trousers. If my intention was to wear it with wool trousers though, I'd opt for the field/safari looking like jacket which is a bit longer.

Unless it's cut like a sportcoat, I'm having a hard time picturing any kind of leather jacket that's too formal for denim trousers. But I guess you're less concerned about versatility and just want a jacket for that very spesific casual denim look? You would prefer a bomber jacket with elastic ribbing over a flight jacket with a shirt collar, buttoned front and no elastic as well? I'm probably in the minority here, but the popularity of bomber jackets in menswear is one of the things I'll never understand. They're less comfortable and just ruin your silhouette, imo.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless it's cut like a sportcoat, I'm having a hard time picturing any kind of leather jacket that's too formal for denim trousers. But I guess you're less concerned about versatility and just want a jacket for that very spesific casual denim look? You would prefer a bomber jacket with elastic ribbing over a flight jacket with a shirt collar, buttoned front and no elastic as well? I'm probably in the minority here, but the popularity of bomber jackets in menswear is one of the things I'll never understand. They're less comfortable and just ruin your silhouette, imo.
Yes, at this point in time and given the rest of my wardrobe, versatility is a non issue. I'm looking for a specific look. I don't wear denim trousers often at all. But when I do, I'm looking for a specific look.

I wouldn't mind having both kind of jackets in the closet in the future, but at this point, I want the elastic band feature because of the casual look.

As for the silhouette, I agree. But on the other hand, if you're well built a bomber jacket is able to enhance a buffed upper body. Especially if you have a large drop due to the elastic band making the waist look even slimmer.

Imperatores

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having both kind of jackets in the closet in the future, but at this point, I want the elastic band feature because of the casual look.

That's fair. I would be super disappointed if it ended up being a bomber jacket when S&M finally releases a dark brown suede jacket, though.

pickergc

Reaction score
Don’t mean to piss on the parade, but $250 for RTW trousers is too rich for my blood.
Looking forward to seeing them though!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this is my second shirt from the November Custom Sale.
Contacted CS about starting my custom shirt with some changes at the start of February. Decreased the length by an inch and added some fabric to the waist. Great untucked fit, hits about mid fly. Asked for fabric to be washed and dried prior to cutting, so I’ll see how that goes after first wash.
Fabric originally ordered was OOS when it came time to get second shirt made so chose this light blue chambray. Great choice. Forgot to ask for cuffs to be unfused ?

Attachments

• 94CA8A16-3683-4D16-AD6A-ED29F534896E.jpeg
    94CA8A16-3683-4D16-AD6A-ED29F534896E.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 111

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t mean to piss on the parade, but $250 for RTW trousers is too rich for my blood.
Looking forward to seeing them though!

Remember that these trouser will last forever. And when you divide the 250 usd on the eternity it will last the price per year approaches zero. Will you miss out on a pair of free dugdale trousers?

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
Remember that these trouser will last forever. And when you divide the 250 usd on the eternity it will last the price per year approaches zero. Will you miss out on a pair of free dugdale trousers?

Found the math professor... though you make a good point, Dugdale twill is expensive, Luxire MSRP is $500+ for some colours. I wouldn’t commit (would prefer GMTO rather than group buy) but would definitely be interested at $250.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tips for sweatshirt sizing? I've seen contradictory info.

I'm a 38" chest, wear 38 contemporary.

A small?

How is the fabric? I also read the fabric is weirdly shiny and smooth which sounds ehhh.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tips for sweatshirt sizing? I've seen contradictory info.

I'm a 38" chest, wear 38 contemporary.

A small?

How is the fabric? I also read the fabric is weirdly shiny and smooth which sounds ehhh.
I am a 35.5" Chest and wear 36R Slim and took an XS, same as my Polo size. This fits me nice and slim without being skin tight. I would say go S for trim look, M for a bit more relaxed feel.
I did say it was shiny and smooth looking, but it is more me nit picking. When on it feels and wears great, most normal people in the street probably won't notice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads