• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Turtleneck, cords, and jacket from SM.
DECED52B-DEFD-48A8-8112-8F06DCC19A5B.jpeg

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble with the side tabs staying cinched on lightweight smooth fabrics? If so, any solutions?
I was thinking of having a piece of fabric added to the back of the tabs so that they are thicker and will hold better

ptfly

Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble with the side tabs staying cinched on lightweight smooth fabrics? If so, any solutions?
I was thinking of having a piece of fabric added to the back of the tabs so that they are thicker and will hold better
I have quite a few but only a few in smoother fabrics but I can see how some might slip. Pics if you have a fix.

ptfly

Reaction score

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone help out a confused man: Are trousers included in these USD 548 Minnis fresco jackets? I can't tell...

Not sure how you got the impression that it's not a suit??
It is in the suit section.

The description says:
"This handsome suit features...The trousers are cut in our high-rise style, with side tabs and single reverse pleats."

One of the photos shows the trousers.
There is an option to hem the trousers.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love for S&M to bring us something like Valstar's 'Valstarino' suede bomber jackets. Poszetka has something similar this season but it's made from suede imitation. Thoughts?

Rick has teased some suede jackets. The pics should be in the thread gallery. I think it was a field jacket. It will be interesting to see which casual jackets make it from prototype to final Garment.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick has teased some suede jackets. The pics should be in the thread gallery. I think it was a field jacket. It will be interesting to see which casual jackets make it from prototype to final Garment.
Was not aware of that. I'll have to take a look. Any idea on when he's planning to make it available?

lqnoise

Reaction score
Long time read-only user here, looking for a fit advice

I’m pretty slim guy, but deliberately bought this double roasted SM size 36 suit in contemporary fit to have more classy boxy fit and more high waited trousers with it.

It turned up somewhat wide in the shoulders (pic below). I just took it to local bespoke tailor that also does suit alterstion to re-cut those shoulders a bit, yet to see how it will end up looking (in 2 weeks). But now I want to buy a spring sportcoat and would rather get it with better fit of the rack.

Would 36 slim fit me, or should I go for 34?

suit jacket fit photos are here:

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just took it to local bespoke tailor that also does suit alterstion to re-cut those shoulders a bit, yet to see how it will end up looking (in 2 weeks).

It sounds as though it's too late, but I would be very cautious of fiddling around with jacket shoulders.

Although your tailor is clearly experienced, it's still easy to mess up shoulders and it's also an expensive exercise - at the affordable prices that S&M charge for jackets, you could end up paying 50% or more of the cost of the jacket just to have the shoulders adjusted. Ideally, it's much better to find a brand/cut that fits your shoulders in the first place, rather than having shoulder altered.

It's also worth noting that double-breasted jackets often have wider shoulders, so as to emphasise the shoulders and chest.

JIMIG

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with the VBC fresco? Is it as coarse and sturdy/wrinkle resistant as the Minnis?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads