• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lpast

Reaction score
That sounds incredibly douchey, so I'll assume you're joking lol. Slim is obviously slimmer, but if you can fit the arms on a contemporary SC without seriously straining the seams, you'll be fine.

Ha, yes I was. Thanks for the feedback.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the wrinkle resistant Purple Bengal Stripe MTO after a cold wash and iron. I think the only things I would adjust moving forward are a slightly shorter sleeve, and a bigger left cuff. I used to get my left cuff much larger to account for some gaudy watches I would wear, but I've since switched to smaller watches and adjusted accordingly, though it seems I over-corrected.

The closest shirt OTR that fits is a 15.5. Slim fits me perfectly everywhere except for my stomach, and even a contemporary is a bit snug around the stomach while the upper body and arms are a bit puffy (it's like I have the proportions of someone who is 4 months pregnant :rotflmao:) I've had shirts MTM from S&M in store and those worked out well. I used the body measurements instead of shirt measurements for this MTO.

In terms of fabric, this feels soft to the touch and seems to be resistant to wrinkles, as expected. It's also very light and airy, which is great for someone like me who runs hot year round. Doesn't seem like there was much shrinkage at all after this first wash.
Thanks for this! Appreciate you sharing.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As satisfied as I was going from a S to R, I’m exponentially more so going from R to L. Probably the best fitting RTW jacket I’ve ever put on. It’s fantastic. No going back now.
The charcoal covert itself is great. All sorts of drapey. It isn’t a light shade, by any means, but I don’t think anybody is going to mistake it for a black suit. Don’t be surprised if I get a second.
Two asides: my suit came fully lined and without sleeve buttons in the package.

404A4281-825F-46CE-B459-0BB25CA4F4BF.jpeg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As satisfied as I was going from a S to R, I’m exponentially more so going from R to L. Probably the best fitting RTW jacket I’ve ever put on. It’s fantastic. No going back now.
The charcoal covert itself is great. All sorts of drapey. It isn’t a light shade, by any means, but I don’t think anybody is going to mistake it for a black suit. Don’t be surprised if I get a second.

View attachment 1567630
Looks fantastic. I've been contemplating going to an L as well, for the length in the body. Can you say how much the buttoning point moved?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1567630
Nice suit and tie. Hober Shepherds check?

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the new light weight chinos come with a fragrant laundry detergent smell? This was bit strange to me in addition to the pants being quite smaller than the size chart( possible a whole size smaller).

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the new light weight chinos come with a fragrant laundry detergent smell? This was bit strange to me in addition to the pants being quite smaller than the size chart( possible a whole size smaller).
Mine did not come with a laundry detergent smell. Though maybe they are a touch smaller than previous chinos I have from them, I overall don’t find them too different. Maybe I will when I wear them more, still feels like -20C most days here

Waughisme

Reaction score
Does the size difference on the lightweight chinos justify going up a size? I typically do 34 Contemp on the dress trousers and was thinking 34 Slim on the lightweight chinos (have never ordered any of the casual trousers) as I prefer a narrower leg opening on chinos/khakis. Should I be thinking 35? The size chart makes it seem like that would too big.

conak

Reaction score

View attachment 1567630

What is your height that you were able to go from S to L? (And bonus points for reviving the Seasonal Incongruence challenge)

Unrelated: I hate to be demanding since I've all but given up trying to take pictures that don't resemble something a blind monkey edited in photoshop, but do you have a full length picture of the covert suit? I'm on the fence about ordering it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic. I've been contemplating going to an L as well, for the length in the body. Can you say how much the buttoning point moved?
Let me give a check when I get home. It can't have been anything outrageous, but it "feels" significant when wearing.
Nice suit and tie. Hober Shepherds check?
Nah. Cashmere from the regrettably defunct Yellow Hook.
What is your height that you were able to go from S to L? (And bonus points for reviving the Seasonal Incongruence challenge)

Unrelated: I hate to be demanding since I've all but given up trying to take pictures that don't resemble something a blind monkey edited in photoshop, but do you have a full length picture of the covert suit? I'm on the fence about ordering it.
5'10 on my best day. S was my intro to SM. Gambled with it. Wound up being on the shorter side (duh lol) and didn't like how it felt on the body at all, up to and of course including the button stance. R was a significant upgrade in fit/feel, but after seeing it in real life photos, and weighing the button stance against some other brands I enjoy, I figured might as well take a shot on L.

Let me see about getting a picture. It arrived yesterday, so obviously not tailored or anything, but it should be able to assist in making a choice. I love it, for what it's worth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads