• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pickergc

Reaction score
Really like the new art direction of the merchandise. The "bonobos" style editorial product photos are off-putting to me.
1614716876167.png

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered before, but is there a consensus on how the sweatshirts fit? For reference, in S&M I wear a 42 Slim in Sportcoats, 16.5-35 Slim in dress shirt and Size L in Sweaters. I imagine I would be a Size L in the sweatshirts as well but would be curious what others' experience has been?
I wear 42R contemporary, 16.5 slim shirts. I took the L in the sweatshirt and am happy with the fit.

I just received one of the new sweatshirts in navy. I'd say through the body fit is quite similar. Sleeves are a better length. I know the "sheen" you're taking about. While I was initially surprised by it, after a cold wash and flat dry I tumbled it with no heat on the drier and it soften right up. It does feel more premium than the last ones, but not quite as dry as classic cotton. I'm a fan. Lounging around in it today with the five pocket cords.

View attachment 1559849

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the new art direction of the merchandise. The "bonobos" style editorial product photos are off-putting to me.
View attachment 1565958
I am just seeing this now, looks very nice. Maybe give a more accurate representation of colour. This reminds me of the Drago Blue Check SC I bought (I believe is still up) that has in warehouse photos with natural light. Reason I bought it tbh

HeqaChasut

Reaction score
Quick note that if anyone is interested in these, would be happy to sell them still. See the following. $150, or $160. Together for $290 + save on shipping.

Selling two sport coats! Both completely unworn, with tags, and original hanger and Spier & Mackay suit garment bag.

Drago Wool/Linen 34R (SF Price: $150+15 CONUS shipping. Paid $200 for it): https://www.ebay.com/itm/324498092520
View attachment 1563035

and VBC Grey Flannel 36R Slim (SF Price: $160+15 CONUS shipping. Paid $200 for it): https://www.ebay.com/itm/324498083016
View attachment 1563036

I just don't have the room currently :) Please get it before someone purchases those on Ebay. Will take them off there immediately.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered before, but is there a consensus on how the sweatshirts fit? For reference, in S&M I wear a 42 Slim in Sportcoats, 16.5-35 Slim in dress shirt and Size L in Sweaters. I imagine I would be a Size L in the sweatshirts as well but would be curious what others' experience has been?

I'm a 38R in suits. I took a medium. Same size as the first generation sweatshirts
The difference is the 1st generation the size medium fits slimmer but sleeves are too short
Current generation size medium fit more traditional, looser, whatever word they're using these days. The wife said she put it in the dryer for no longer than 5 mins and it did shrink a bit.

Basically take your regular size, just know it's not as fitted in the same size as the first Gen. And frankly, I don't mind my sweatshirts fitting a tad looser.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
I'm kind of shocked that there has been no discussion of the navy seersucker that they teased on Instagram yesterday.

View attachment 1565940
I'm already refreshing the website every five minutes. Who has time to comment? The anticipation is killing me!

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1565958
I’m on the fence about this one. Each day I go back and forth as to whether or not I’ll cop. Trying to gauge texture because the shade is pretty close to my skin tone and wondering if it will wash me out. But that pattern is sweet, though! If I rock a blueish shirt, like denim, it should provide enough contrast to pull it off. (My internal dialogue about this sportcoat.)

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1565958
Is the photo you selected one you like, or an example of a bonobos style editorial product photo?
What is an example of the 'bonobos style'?

I like the product phot0 you posted. Shows off the jacket well. Generally like the photos without models, and generally dislike the ones with models.

pickergc

Reaction score
Is the photo you selected one you like, or an example of a bonobos style editorial product photo?
What is an example of the 'bonobos style'?

I like the product phot0 you posted. Shows off the jacket well. Generally like the photos without models, and generally dislike the ones with models.
Yea, sorry the photo I posted is what I prefer.

the ones with models are the ones I don’t care for.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I also don’t care for the color backdrop product photos they went to a year or two ago. Makes the products look cheap. I’m buying the moody, sophisticated photo not the “bonobos” photo. Also not a fan of their styling. This one is find, but most do a disservice the product it’s trying to highlight.

Just pet peeves of mine, nothing seriously wrong of course.
1614731969702.png
1614731993596.jpeg

Last edited:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, sorry the photo I posted is what I prefer.

the ones with models are the ones I don’t care for.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I also don’t care for the color backdrop product photos they went to a year or two ago. Makes the products look cheap. I’m buying the moody, sophisticated photo not the “bonobos” photo. Also not a fan of their styling. This one is find, but most do a disservice the product it’s trying to highlight.

Just pet peeves of mine, nothing seriously wrong of course.
, View attachment 1566156 View attachment 1566157

(Pet Peeve) Truth!
I've Made The Suggestion, Take Models Out And Create A Lookbook/Book Page...

naixium

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if this is just me but I wish the "My Size" saved setting would filter to show the items that are available in the sizing you selected, rather than just filtering for sizes in which the item was produced in but might currently be unavailable.

It's a bit silly (imo) to have set up the personal size filter list and then go through dozens of suggested garments only to find they're out of stock.

Cheers.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if this is just me but I wish the "My Size" saved setting would filter to show the items that are available in the sizing you selected, rather than just filtering for sizes in which the item was produced in but are currently unavailable.

It's a bit silly (imo) to have set up the personal size filter list and then go through dozens of garments of suggest garments only to find they're out of stock.

Cheers.
I don't think I have ever used this, I mostly filter the page stock by size on the top left side, opposite of "My Size"

naixium

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Thank you.

Regardless, seems like a bit of a wasted feature although I believe it's rather new.

SumDude

Reaction score
I see a couple more sport coats have just been added. I really like the herringbone medium brown but just not sure about the 100% linen. I wish it was something like 75% linen and 25% silk. Has there ever been a solid brown in other 100% linen or 55% linen & 45% wool?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads