• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, appreciate it. These are excellent factors to actually consider before deciding on length.

For my part, I have a DB raincoat where I find the length to be perfect for me. I'll try to emulate it when the time comes.
I'd love to see pictures of that one too if possible.

I know S&M promised one years ago but it never materialized.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not S&M though. It's from Burberry.
I gotcha.

I can't remember if you have any hangups on posting non-S&M in the S&M thread, but I always find it's helpful for gauging future interest and details on a wanted product that may not exist yet.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Its getting warm outside and I cant decide which fox bros i should I pick up. For those who are picking it up soon I look forward to pics. I dont have a summer brown suit but I'm leaning toward the moss because I just love green.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I vote for navy too.
What size did you pick?
Finally copped the wool/cashmere DB coat. My first impression is that this is as hefty as the Zanieri polo coat but also hella soft. It's like wrapping a blanket around you. I love it.

My question is this: as I am transitioning to a more casual work setting, I only need one overcoat to do it all. In that case, should I stick with the navy or should I change to the camel color? Another concern with camel color from last season is that it is very muted like a mustard color in real life.

View attachment 1563752

View attachment 1563753

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those on here, would a Brown Wholecut work well with a suit? My previous Black Cap Toe Oxfords just are a bit big and even though I know the traditional thing for an only dress shoe is a Cap Toe Oxford, but I just like Dark Brown a lot more. Would it work or should I go with a Dark Brown Cap Toe Oxford, or stay with black? Only suit is Navy Guabello.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
For those on here, would a Brown Wholecut work well with a suit? My previous Black Cap Toe Oxfords just are a bit big and even though I know the traditional thing for an only dress shoe is a Cap Toe Oxford, but I just like Dark Brown a lot more. Would it work or should I go with a Dark Brown Cap Toe Oxford, or stay with black? Only suit is Navy Guabello.

The brown wholecut will work just as well as the cap toe.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wholecut works.
Dark brown (whether it's a cap toe or wholecut) works fine with a suit.

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
Is there anyone that's 181 cm and around 76kg here? What size of sportcoats do you where from S&M? I trying to get a gauge and it seems that it will fall under size 40R/40S

abantigen

Reaction score
Is there anyone that's 181 cm and around 76kg here? What size of sportcoats do you where from S&M? I trying to get a gauge and it seems that it will fall under size 40R/40S

I have almost the same dimensions as you with a 40 inch chest and wear 40R slim. At 181 cm it's very unlikely you need a short jacket unless you have T-rex arms.

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
I have almost the same dimensions as you with a 40 inch chest and wear 40R slim. At 181 cm it's very unlikely you need a short jacket unless you have T-rex arms.

Thanks for the insights! My Chest is around 41" and waist at 35".

The reason I was looking at 40S is because of my current bespoke jacket which has very similar Sleeve length and jacket length. Just for reference, as a personal preference, I usually wear my shorts where it slightly goes pass the wrist and not till the typical centre of palm area. Not sure if this makes sense?

Are S&M dimensions true to size?

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The reason I was looking at 40S is because of my current bespoke jacket which has very similar Sleeve length and jacket length. Just for reference, as a personal preference, I usually wear my shorts where it slightly goes pass the wrist and not till the typical centre of palm area. Not sure if this makes sense?

How long is your bespoke jacket, and is it meant to cover your seat? At your height I would have imagined the Spier in short would be much too short for you in the body.

abantigen

Reaction score

In general their measurements are pretty accurate. There are some changes season to season but as far as I know they keep their sizing chart updated.

Do you like how your bespoke jacket fits? Like acapaca said above the short jacket might be too short to cover your seat. It's also possible you like your jackets to be a lot shorter than what's considered normal around these parts but even then I would get the regular and take it to your tailor to alter the sleeves and jacket length to your liking rather than try to match the measurements to your bespoke jacket.

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
How long is your bespoke jacket, and is it meant to cover your seat? At your height I would have imagined the Spier in short would be much too short for you in the body.
The back of the jacket almost covers the seat. Its about 1" away from reaching the end of the butt cheeks. The length is at 28.5" which is exactly the same as S&M 40S. The sleeves are at 24.2", also the same as S&M 40S.

The ratio of body and leg length ratio definitely plays a part. That is what makes sizing so difficult altogether.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics