• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally copped the wool/cashmere DB coat. My first impression is that this is as hefty as the Zanieri polo coat but also hella soft. It's like wrapping a blanket around you. I love it.

My question is this: as I am transitioning to a more casual work setting, I only need one overcoat to do it all. In that case, should I stick with the navy or should I change to the camel color? Another concern with camel color from last season is that it is very muted like a mustard color in real life.

154496394_1064782144004597_3140881746509629109_n.jpg

155806776_3931887196872041_3707981860264784495_n.jpg

wildcat10

Reaction score
Finally copped the wool/cashmere DB coat. My first impression is that this is as hefty as the Zanieri polo coat but also hella soft. It's like wrapping a blanket around you. I love it.

My question is this: as I am transitioning to a more casual work setting, I only need one overcoat to do it all. In that case, should I stick with the navy or should I change to the camel color? Another concern with camel color from last season is that it is very muted like a mustard color in real life.

View attachment 1563752

View attachment 1563753
Navy all the way.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1563752

View attachment 1563753
If leaning more casual, I probably would have went Single Breasted, but double breasted can work too. As far as colour, I'd agree with the others and say Navy. Very easy to wear up or down, while I'd recommend Camel if you only really wore casual outfits all the time as it more easily blends.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those wholecuts are tempting at the sale price. But, I'll pass as who knows when I'll be back in the office.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definately navy. It's more understated. Did you size up?

I stay with the same sportcoat size and it has enough room for a sportcoat underneath. I was considering sizing up but someone mentioned they fixed the sizing issue with these last season.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I stay with the same sportcoat size and it has enough room for a sportcoat underneath. I was considering sizing up but someone mentioned they fixed the sizing issue with these last season.

Can I ask why you went with the DB overcoat over the Polo coat?

I couldn’t decide myself so I ordered both in Navy to see which I like more. Just waiting to receive them.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask why you went with the DB overcoat over the Polo coat?

I couldn’t decide myself so I ordered both in Navy to see which I like more. Just waiting to receive them.
I had the polo coat in navy 2 seasons ago. Loved it and wore it a lot. However, the cloth is heavy and might be itchy on some days. The DB overcoat solves all that, it's buttery smooth. Even though, I wish they made the polo coat in that wool/cashmere blend cloth.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the polo coat in navy 2 seasons ago. Loved it and wore it a lot. However, the cloth is heavy and might be itchy on some days. The DB overcoat solves all that, it's buttery smooth. Even though, I wish they made the polo coat in that wool/cashmere blend cloth.
Come August, this will be possible through MTO. I'm planning on placing such an order and adding an extra 5-10" in length to create a full/classic length coat.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come August, this will be possible through MTO. I'm planning on placing such an order and adding an extra 5-10" in length to create a full/classic length coat.
I already see myself doing the camel cloth on the polo coat cut

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've experimented lots with different lengths lately, and I find upper calf length(just below the knee) to be the best compromise between the drama of a long overcoat, and actually being practical. It doesn't get dirty, it's not in the way, and it still keeps my legs warm too.

I went with mid-calf length before, and sitting down anywhere without the coat grazing the ground was impossible, and it'd skirt my car's side skirts when getting in the car too.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've experimented lots with different lengths lately, and I find upper calf length(just below the knee) to be the best compromise between the drama of a long overcoat, and actually being practical. It doesn't get dirty, it's not in the way, and it still keeps my legs warm too.

I went with mid-calf length before, and sitting down anywhere without the coat grazing the ground was impossible, and it'd skirt my car's side skirts when getting in the car too.
Thanks for the input, appreciate it. These are excellent factors to actually consider before deciding on length.

For my part, I have a DB raincoat where I find the length to be perfect for me. I'll try to emulate it when the time comes.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my covid-optimistic view is get the wholecuts, my covid-realistic view is get the loafers. My wallet says: neither. Who will win? :p
Pretty sure your wallet will lose the battle, or you wouldn't be here posting ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads