• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to convince myself as much as anyone else that the Cerruti would be superfluous. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll conclude that the Cerruti is indeed completely different the very instant it goes on sale... The navy and bottle green fresco suits are my main temptations for now though.
This "waiting till X goes on sale"-approach is to stressful. I'm updating to check whether my size is running out of stock every 30 min. It'll cost me more grey hairs than money saved in the end, lol.

Imperatores

Reaction score
This "waiting till X goes on sale"-approach is to stressful. I'm updating to check whether my size is running out of stock every 30 min. It'll cost me more grey hairs than money saved in the end, lol.

Sure, I agree with that. My point was mainly that going on sale is the thing that can push me over the edge on those items that I kind of want but clearly doesn't need. Like this Cerruti jacket. If it's something that I both want and need I'm not going to risk missing out by waiting too long.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ye
Sure, I agree with that. My point was mainly that going on sale is the thing that can push me over the edge on those items that I kind of want but clearly doesn't need. Like this Cerruti jacket. If it's something that I both want and need I'm not going to risk missing out by waiting too long.
Yeah I understood that. Trying to challenge myself by applying this approach for once myself, but I'm not cut out for it, haha. Haven't placed an order yet, I'm waiting for the rust SC. Once it's available I'm probably just going to grab it together with the brown one and the Cerruti eventhough I don't need more navy jackets. But then again, nobody actually NEEDS most thing we purchase on here.

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Ye

Yeah I understood that. Trying to challenge myself by applying this approach for once myself, but I'm not cut out for it, haha. Haven't placed an order yet, I'm waiting for the rust SC. Once it's available I'm probably just going to grab it together with the brown one and the Cerruti eventhough I don't need more navy jackets. But then again, nobody actually NEEDS most thing we purchase on here.
I totally forgot about the rust jacket. Time to re-plan my purchases again.?‍♂️

Is it a suit or just a jacket?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's my favourite of the bunch. It's Neapolitan but not sure if it's a jacket or suit.

EDIT: Spoke to Rick. The negative: it won't be available until late March. The positives: it'll be available as suit separates and the pricing will be USD348. Can't wait!

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm debating between the two Fox Air suits for a series of postponed weddings that will be taking place outdoors this summer. Curious to hear opinions on if the green muted enough not to stand out or should I go with the slightly safer tobacco? The dress code will be casual for each event, so I feel like I could even break up the green suit and tone it down with a stone or sand color trouser.
I may be in the minority here, but my vote would be for the olive green suit over the brown suit. Its a unique color, but it’s also very muted, and has brown tones in it. I may grab the green foxair myself. Debating between that and the gray minnis.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might sound a dumb question, but just wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger:-
Considering the same jacket, same size and fit, say a “slim 36”. A 36S will come with a shorter length I can tell.
Will the waist button in the front be adjusted as well? For example a 36R the waist button will sit on my belly button, will 36S come upper than my belly button?
I am imagining if buttons are staying in same level, wouldn’t it look strange in terms of proportion, given the overall jacket is coming shorter?

Thanks in advance.
This Is Why I Love Talking Too Myself, I Think You Answered Your Own Question! :fonz:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which SC? Rust or Chocolate Linen???

Chocolate Linen.jpg

I Don't See A Rust?

siddeh

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble getting a response from the team at @spiermackay regarding returns? It just seems that the response time is taking longer than usual. Maybe it's just me...

We're still in lockdown here in Toronto, so their electronic channels are definitely more busier than usual.

They will get back to you for sure; patience is key!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the tobacco too. So the question now is Tobacco, Rust or Chocolate???

They are referring to the Instagram posts of the upcoming offerings.
If we're referring to the same jacket, the tobacco won't be available as a separate jacket. So unless you get it as a suit or go through MTO and ask for the fabric specifically, you'll not be able to get it as a SC.

SumDude

Reaction score
I thought this was a separate sport coat in tobacco Linen Herringbone from Di Sondrio (available end of April)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads