• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy Birdseye was a sleeper guys, the complexity of the weave is beautiful with blueish/purple/black yarns. The web pics didn’t do it justice but I took a gamble at the liquidation price and had a huge smile on my face when I unboxed it!

3A248DB4-800D-4ED1-94EA-F84E69CDD553.jpeg
2A59BB22-FAAF-4CA2-A39B-21A150550FE4.jpeg
BC742142-F60B-466D-A32D-98B427270AEC.jpeg
93586850-6290-443C-9551-B94150EC69E2.jpeg

nevaeh

Reaction score
Burgundy Birdseye was a sleeper guys, the complexity of the weave is beautiful with blueish/purple/black yarns. The web pics didn’t do it justice but I took a gamble at the liquidation price and had a huge smile on my face when I unboxed it!

View attachment 1544059 View attachment 1544060 View attachment 1544061 View attachment 1544062

Slick fabric! And a slick hanger! @spiermackay needs to get in on the nice hanger game, with the S&M philosophy of providing them at a reasonable cost.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slick fabric! And a slick hanger! @spiermackay needs to get in on the nice hanger game, with the S&M philosophy of providing them at a reasonable cost.

Thank you!
I think fancy hangers would drive the cost of the jackets and suits up, so I am happy with plastic ?
In fact, most orders I ask that no hangers are sent as I have too many of them!

nevaeh

Reaction score
Thank you!
I think fancy hangers would drive the cost of the jackets and suits up, so I am happy with plastic ?
In fact, most orders I ask that no hangers are sent as I have too many of them!

And I should clarify. Sell them as a separate accessory! No way they should include these as a default--way too expensive and wouldn't be necessary for or appreciated by many, if not most, of S&M's customers.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping with all hope not to report any shrinkage.
Wearing the Italian button down collar light denim shirt today. Happy to report no shrinkage on either of the three. Would post pics but I’ve got my hands full and I’m wearing the stone converts, in which I was pictured twice last week. Lol I see a slight diff in collar roll vs. normal SM button downs. Denim fabric feels light yet substantial and pairs well with many a SM sportcoat. As a result, I’ve purchased more denim shirts. #menswear #wfh #stonecoverts #denimshirts

Jlee80

Reaction score

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I should clarify. Sell them as a separate accessory! No way they should include these as a default--way too expensive and wouldn't be necessary for or appreciated by many, if not most, of S&M's customers.
If S&M offered nice Wood hangers before adding to checkout for an additional $15-$20, I’d probably buy them. I just prefer looking at a nice wood hanger in my closet as apposed to plastic or metal. Plus more expensive hangers mean having to take into account the amount to get a new hanger for a shirt ?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
How do the overcoats fit? Interested, but unsure of sizing. Wear a 44L in the sportcoats, so was thinking of a 46. No longs offered, but the measurements look ok. Any insights would be appreciated.

Grabbed a bunch of shirts for a song on the BOX25 code that arrived last week and are incredible value for the money. Also grabbed a sportcoat, suit and several pairs of pants. Beyond thrilled with everything.

Looks like I'm falling down the rabbit hole again...

SpencerCowan

Reaction score
I have a question about collars. I prefer Spier's oxford shirts to Proper Cloth's oxfords. The material feels more substantial and holds up better throughout the day. I wear the Spier classic button down collar and the Proper Cloth soft ivy collar. But I can't figure out how to get the Spier collar right.

Here's my particular problem: my Spier shirts look and fit great with a tie. But if I go tie-less and unbutton the top button, the collar still has a tendency to close. From afar, I look like a dork who has buttoned the top button without tie. By contrast, when I wear my Proper Cloth oxfords without a tie, the collar tends to stay open a bit more. I'm not sure that the collar size is too small, though, because I can comfortably stick a couple fingers in the collar.

What am I doing wrong? Should I go with the Italian collar? What about dropping the second button by an inch? And has anyone had success getting a tailor to open a new button hole?

Anything to make me look less of a poindexter!

Thanks!

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If S&M offered nice Wood hangers before adding to checkout for an additional $15-$20, I’d probably buy them. I just prefer looking at a nice wood hanger in my closet as apposed to plastic or metal. Plus more expensive hangers mean having to take into account the amount to get a new hanger for a shirt ?

I'm good with the plastic hanger, as most suits are stored in S$M (New) Bags! :)

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about collars. I prefer Spier's oxford shirts to Proper Cloth's oxfords. The material feels more substantial and holds up better throughout the day. I wear the Spier classic button down collar and the Proper Cloth soft ivy collar. But I can't figure out how to get the Spier collar right.

Here's my particular problem: my Spier shirts look and fit great with a tie. But if I go tie-less and unbutton the top button, the collar still has a tendency to close. From afar, I look like a dork who has buttoned the top button without tie. By contrast, when I wear my Proper Cloth oxfords without a tie, the collar tends to stay open a bit more. I'm not sure that the collar size is too small, though, because I can comfortably stick a couple fingers in the collar.

What am I doing wrong? Should I go with the Italian collar? What about dropping the second button by an inch? And has anyone had success getting a tailor to open a new button hole?

Anything to make me look less of a poindexter!

Thanks!
Pictures would help in better identifying the issue and providing recommendations. One thing that has helped me with SM’s button down collars, is to try and give them a fresh ironing on the underside of the collar. This helps the roll to have more volume/presence and therefore lay open more stylishly sans tie.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the Italian button down collar light denim shirt today. Happy to report no shrinkage on either of the three. Would post pics but I’ve got my hands full and I’m wearing the stone converts, in which I was pictured twice last week. Lol I see a slight diff in collar roll vs. normal SM button downs. Denim fabric feels light yet substantial and pairs well with many a SM sportcoat. As a result, I’ve purchased more denim shirts. #menswear #wfh #stonecoverts #denimshirts

Is the Italian much better in the roll department? How about a large Italian?

It is the Italian BD yes...

Do you have other Italian BD collars? They seem quite long, which is what I am after... How do you like them?

Also, the Large Italians is very rolla-licious. Do you have any of those to compare?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Italian much better in the roll department? How about a large Italian?

Do you have other Italian BD collars? They seem quite long, which is what I am after... How do you like them?

Also, the Large Italians is very rolla-licious. Do you have any of those to compare?
I prefer the Italian because of the longer points and resultant roll for shirts I am less likely to wear with a tie.

Not sure the difference between the Italian and the so called Large Italian you mention

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads