• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biebster

Reaction score
Any opinions on the Drago Medium Blue suit vs the Guabello Blue Birdseye? So far I only have navy and charcoal in my rotation, and I'm looking for a third suit I can dress down a bit but would still look professional/can be dressed up.

Medium Blue
Blue Birdseye

Attachments

• 63C-504-26-2112-1.jpg
    63C-504-26-2112-1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 2472C-110-27_SS20-guabello-suit-1.jpg
    2472C-110-27_SS20-guabello-suit-1.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 85

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi All, any one ever had trouble with a clean L-shaped rip materializing near one of the rear vents? I wore my Brushed Heather Navy Jacket for only the 2nd time last Thursday and the rip was pointed out to me by a bystander. My tailor indicated it's much too problematic to fix via reweaving given it's size. Any way I have posted pictures below. The first is of the rip from behind - you can see it's pretty much a straight, right-angle rip. I doubt something so tidy looking was caused by my snagging something. The 2nd is the rip from the interior view. Not sure if the two are helpful but thought I'd do a front & back shots.

IMG-6826.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-6832.jpg
    IMG-6832.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 87

Enox

Reaction score
Any opinions on the Drago Medium Blue suit vs the Guabello Blue Birdseye? So far I only have navy and charcoal in my rotation, and I'm looking for a third suit I can dress down a bit but would still look professional/can be dressed up.

Medium Blue
Blue Birdseye

I think the Birdseye would be slightly easier to break into a separate if you wanted to wear the jacket by itself, but both would work

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30% off overcoats
And I actually fit their OTR coats...
Oh boy here we go.
Let's just hope my sizing is OOS

Word. I just checked my polo coat (the first version) I'm a size 38 in it. What size would I be in their peacoat? Same 38? Or?

Devis4u

Reaction score
I'm a 40R contemporary in their suits. Would a 40 top coat/polo coat fit on top well? And how do they look without a jacket underneath if they are sized to go over one?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, any one ever had trouble with a clean L-shaped rip materializing near one of the rear vents? I wore my Brushed Heather Navy Jacket for only the 2nd time last Thursday and the rip was pointed out to me by a bystander. My tailor indicated it's much too problematic to fix via reweaving given it's size. Any way I have posted pictures below. The first is of the rip from behind - you can see it's pretty much a straight, right-angle rip. I doubt something so tidy looking was caused by my snagging something. The 2nd is the rip from the interior view. Not sure if the two are helpful but thought I'd do a front & back shots.

View attachment 1543330
That nice 90* right angle rip is typical if your jacket catches on something and you move. I know from unfortunate experience. As you move the fabric is stressed and gives way along the lines of the fabric weave. Pity

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word. I just checked my polo coat (the first version) I'm a size 38 in it. What size would I be in their peacoat? Same 38? Or?
In peacoat, I took a 36 as I only plan to wear it over cable knit sweaters and stuff along those lines. I would probably size up to 38 for Polo a coat if I was planning to wear a suit or chunky cardigan underneath (my chunky cardigan fits under the 36, but a bit tight and sleeves ride up a bit more than normal).
If you plan on wearing casually under thin sweaters, shirts, or light layering go with same SC size, otherwise size up. They fit pretty well same as Polo Coat last time I looked at size charts.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1543330

Wow! You May Have A Pick-Pocket In The Neighborhood!

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
has anybody bought the padded vest? if so what are your thoughts, thinking about picking one up

eleven_will_see_you_now

Reaction score
Anyone else get their new denim shirts today? I got mine and like them out of the box but haven’t tried them on yet. Very nice weight and I’m glad I got a variety with pockets (finally!), and BD no placket no pocket (italian?) shirts that will be nice too

Konnor

Reaction score
Anyone else get their new denim shirts today? I got mine and like them out of the box but haven’t tried them on yet. Very nice weight and I’m glad I got a variety with pockets (finally!), and BD no placket no pocket (italian?) shirts that will be nice too
I got my 3 in yesterday. strongly considering buying 2-3 more.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Medium Blue
Blue Birdseye
I am a big fan of navy birdseye in general but I haven't seen/handled that specific suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads