• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pic to illustrate that something is inherently wonky with overcoat vents. Mine flares even without me wearing it.

20210125-173753-HDR.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pic to illustrate that something is inherently wonky with overcoat vents. Mine flares even without me wearing it.

20210125-173753-HDR.jpg
It must be sewn off axis or something. My Peacoat from previous season lays perfectly flat

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It must be sewn off axis or something. My Peacoat from previous season lays perfectly flat
Yeah I'm not sure. I know snugness is recommended as the cause, but I think the coat hanging shows that may not be true.

This is from the first iteration of the polo coat, so I wonder if it's the same for the successive versions.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for helping me out.

Thanks for helping me out! The suits are true to size correct? I could probably walk into suit supply and get measured and use that to purchase. It’s my first time buying a suit online and it’s final sale so just being extra cautious.

Also if anyone is familiar with this suit is it particularly “shiny”? I like the color but based on the description I am reluctant to buy anything that seems too elegant for work if that makes sense. Unless I’m being ridiculous, still learning here. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by True to size. If you normally wear a size 40R sport coat in department store jackets, don't assume that the S&M 40R is going to work for you. Vanity sizing is the norm these days. But not with S&M. That's why you must measure and peg your measurements to the S&M Size/Fit chart.

Also, although I fully understand how tempting it is to grab your first suit from the Clearance priced stock, the prices are terrific, I'm not sure that it makes sense buy Clearance if you don't have your S&M size-fit dialed. There is risk to you that you will end up with something that requires alterations at the tailor to make it work for you. That could more than offset the Clearance price saving.

If you buy at sale price, but not clearance price (50-100 higher for a suit) you will retain the ability to return it free of charge. just something to think about.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is my guess for all these bags I've collected over the year. Better to have matching fabric for a patch/repair than trying to go match to something

And sewing on button replacements!

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to this Spier and Mackay thread.

Does anyone have insight to Dino Filarte vs Guabello fabric? I like the look of the shade from these Dino Filarte photos. The single breasted navy Guabello seems a little... dustier in colour? The Double Breasted Guabello looks richer again, closer to the Dino Filarte.

Navy Dino Filarte

Navy Guabello

Navy Guabello - Double Breasted

Thanks!
This is a question for @Riva , but my choice is Guabello...

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any RLP Out There? $199 I Just Could Not Pass On It, Plus I Purchased The Trousers (4) Months Ago, Thanks To The Recent (Suit) Inventory A 42 Conmp (Gem) Emerged... :)

View attachment 1542947

Blue Mix Sharkskin, Guabello
I am looking at the Medium Grey Mix Sharkskin. It looks dark enough to be very versatile compared to normal medium grey, but unsure. Is it really a gem?

wildcat10

Reaction score

Does anyone have insight to Dino Filarte vs Guabello fabric? I like the look of the shade from these Dino Filarte photos. The single breasted navy Guabello seems a little... dustier in colour? The Double Breasted Guabello looks richer again, closer to the Dino Filarte.

Navy Dino Filarte

Navy Guabello

Thanks!
I do not own either of these suits, but I do own blazers from both Filarte and Guabello fabric. The Guabello is nicer.

Typically the first part of the product code is the code for the fabric. Looking at the single-breasted and double-breasted Guabello, it looks like it may be the same fabric on both. You may want to write S&M and they may be able to confirm for you it's the same fabric.

Product Code: 2472U-2/7-2222-F1H1-DB-FW20
Product Code: 2472U-2/7-2112-F1H1

Guabello fabric:

wildcat10

Reaction score

Navy Dino Filarte

Navy Guabello

Thanks!
The Guabello double breasted is ?

pocketsquared

Reaction score
This is a question for @Riva , but my choice is Guabello...

I do not own either of these suits, but I do own blazers from both Filarte and Guabello fabric. The Guabello is nicer.

Thank you both for the insight. I ordered the single-breasted in Guabello. Despite my growing collection, I don't have a true workhorse that I am satisfied with. This should fill that gap.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Can I just say the new suit bags I received my recent order in are ******* awesome? It's got buttons to make it easy to fold up and carry and a plastic window to see what's what. This is fantastic and an excellent touch.

@spiermackay can I get more of these bags lol

I’ve been hearing about these! Photos would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads