• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking ahead to 5-pocket cords for next winter, what colours do you all think are must buys?

I already have a pair in a wheat colour, which is perfect.

I was thinking possibly dark brown.
I really like my Golden Beige pair. I think Dark Brown would be too dark, maybe a medium brown, almost like milk chocolate?
Man, some really nice suits in the liquidation but with no trouser swap... my tailor would need to turn a 38 into a 35. :(
I am tempted to buy one rn, but my previous trousers from S&M are 28 Slim. The waist is great, but a bit tight in thigh/seat. Rick recommended me to try 36 Contemporary, but I figure the 30 Contemp trousers would look large on me

MMG

Reaction score
Wow. And I thought I had the best deal ever on suits during the last sale. Still had to buy one. $179

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like my Golden Beige pair. I think Dark Brown would be too dark, maybe a medium brown, almost like milk chocolate?
Yeah, that's the colour name, it's a perfect shade.

I googled milk chocolate corduroy and do like these a lot.

This one is more of a drab olive brown
brown-wide-wale-corduroy_800x.jpg

This one does feel more milk chocolate.
P0.jpg

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking ahead to 5-pocket cords for next winter, what colours do you all think are must buys?

The Golden Beige is a good shade (too bad the pair I got is a tad slim in the thigh). I like the Dark Brown and Dark Green.

Imperatores

Reaction score
Neo gang. Cerruti. A keeper for sure. Possibly a sleeper of the season.
View attachment 1539322

Looking awesome! You've single-handedly convinced me to get this jacket, but I'm unsure if I should go for contemp or slim seeing as it's apparently cut a bit slimmer than normal. I normally wear a 38 slim, and that's already quite trim through the chest and waist. Would you mind measuring the chest and waist to see how big of a difference there is? If it's just the sleeves that are slimmer than normal, that would be perfect.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking awesome! You've single-handedly convinced me to get this jacket, but I'm unsure if I should go for contemp or slim seeing as it's apparently cut a bit slimmer than normal. I normally wear a 38 slim, and that's already quite trim through the chest and waist. Would you mind measuring the chest and waist to see how big of a difference there is? If it's just the sleeves that are slimmer than normal, that would be perfect.
?? Much appreciated, sir. Let me down this coffee and wake up a bit and I’ll get the measurements to you a little later on in the day.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this ice blue Birdseye suit, or the trouser separates in the same fabric?
SpierAndMackayFW2020_10095-002-37_21600-2-Edit.jpg
My question is whether the color is represented accurately by the online pics (not always the case) and whether the fabric has enough weight to it to wear in the colder months--its listed at 300gsm, so it should be.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this ice blue Birdseye suit, or the trouser separates in the same fabric?
View attachment 1541498
My question is whether the color is represented accurately by the online pics (not always the case) and whether the fabric has enough weight to it to wear in the colder months--its listed at 300gsm, so it should be.
Yeah, I have it. It's pretty close. Gorgeous colour, but no opportunity in the past year to wear it.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score

for me, I like cords in shades of green and brown. So definitely dark brown and olive if you already have wheat. I also like a color that is sometimes called acorn which is like an orange tinged brown. Sounds weird but looks good for cords

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads