• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
How do you all think this sportcoat fits (first 2 pics are the same jacket - just different lighting)? The body and sleeve length can be altered, of course. But, I'm more concerned about the shoulder fit. For comparison, the last pic is another jacket that I think fits me pretty well in the shoulders.

KAN4gLs.jpg

RequsEq.jpg

dB8RHK3.jpg

i think it’s fine

I like when tweed is not a razor precise fit

it works well as a relaxed style

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm skeptical, my critiques of the MTM shirt program span years. Here comes another reaming.

I always thought Proper Cloth was too expensive initially.

The irony is I spent more $$$ buying faulty shirts from S&M in the MTM program, in terms of quality control, vs. just going with PC in the first place. This is ignoring the consistent 8 week+ shipping time for all my orders.

In all fairness, the S&M experiments may have helped inform my switch to Proper Cloth, making the transition easier.

I was excited to see more MTM shirt selections for this fall and was met with this.

SOK-2474_shirt-Edit.jpg

From others' comments, they seem to have had success when doing minimal adjustments from stock sizes and just picking a different collar. Basically more on the MTO than true MTM side.

I got suckered in by the last sale and still didn't learn my lesson apparently.
This is my first time trying the program, so I was curious how it will fit me along with how tolerance and stuff is. I don't really mind the wait time, because by the time I get the shipping notification I forgot I even ordered them and get excited lol. Basically like buying something again, but it is free

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
I'm skeptical, my critiques of the MTM shirt program span years. Here comes another reaming.

The irony is I spent more $$$ buying faulty shirts from S&M in the MTM program, in terms of quality control, vs. just going with PC in the first place. This is ignoring the consistent 8 week+ shipping time for all my orders.

In all fairness, the S&M experiments may have helped inform my switch to Proper Cloth, making the transition easier.

I was excited to see more MTM shirt selections for this fall and was met with this.

SOK-2474_shirt-Edit.jpg

From others' comments, they seem to have had success when doing minimal adjustments from stock sizes and just picking a different collar. Basically more on the MTO than true MTM side.

I actually used my S&M off the rack shirt purchases to further dial in my Proper Cloth measurements

S&M slim fit shirts fit me better than the Proper Cloth algorithm

proper cloth has a great user interface and outstanding delivery and customer service

I like both brands a lot

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my first time trying the program, so I was curious how it will fit me along with how tolerance and stuff is. I don't really mind the wait time, because by the time I get the shipping notification I forgot I even ordered them and get excited lol. Basically like buying something again, but it is free
Hopefully it works for you man. That feeling is rare, but definitely feels great.
I actually used my S&M off the rack shirt purchases to further dial in my Proper Cloth measurements

S&M slim fit shirts fit me better than the Proper Cloth algorithm

proper cloth has a great user interface and outstanding delivery and customer service

I like both brands a lot
Shirts could have more emphasis now due to the pandemic, which could necessitate more attention to the QC and MTM shirt program by S&M. Hopefully it improves.

Agreed on all the points of PC. My biggest critique for them is not having the option for differing sleeve lengths.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SOK-2474_shirt-Edit.jpg

120+ Days, for (3) shirts, I Find It Painful, That and lack of communication...

Last edited:

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I'm glad this discussion is going on. I've been a PC user for a while. I was tempted to try out S&M's MTM shirt program because the prices are lower but it sounds like there's a reason for it. Also, for you PC buying folks, I STRONGLY recommend a virtual consultation if you ever have questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads