• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Devis4u

Reaction score
Not sure if it was already addressed, but from their instagram it looks like linen (?) Field jackets may be coming in

jalebi

Reaction score
Welcome!

If true, that's pretty damn tempting.

Couldn't find the comment though.

Was curious myself and checked. Here you go mate:

TmiaX9e.png

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to check when I placed my MTM shirt order and requested a Cooper Collar.

Going on 9 weeks now.
I placed my MTO Shirt Order during the 20% Off Sale, I believe that was for Black Friday.
Order Placed: Nov. 13 2020
Shipped: Jan. 19 2021
Total Time: 9.25 Weeks, with holidays in between + Covid

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed my MTO Shirt Order during the 20% Off Sale, I believe that was for Black Friday.
Yep, exact same day we ordered it.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, exact same day we ordered it.
Note, I had no updates whatsoever. I emailed service and got a response from their custom email where I got a response the same day, they said it was a bit delayed and they would ship mine out ASAP. It then shipped a couple days later. Send them an email.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note, I had no updates whatsoever. I emailed service and got a response from their custom email where I got a response the same day, they said it was a bit delayed and they would ship mine out ASAP. It then shipped a couple days later. Send them an email.
Eh, I've gone through this "pls ship me shirt" e-mail exchange for every MTM shirt order I've had, it's tiring. I'll wait another month.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

I am still waiting for my MTO sport coat. I ordered during black friday. Anybody have any updates on their order?

ULCajun

Reaction score

Attachments

• F0F6BFB0-DF6F-4745-9F89-690C1C7EC19C.jpeg
    F0F6BFB0-DF6F-4745-9F89-690C1C7EC19C.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 1BBB9DDC-C498-4C49-938E-02D21CB24615.jpeg
    1BBB9DDC-C498-4C49-938E-02D21CB24615.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 70

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, I've gone through this "pls ship me shirt" e-mail exchange for every MTM shirt order I've had, it's tiring. I'll wait another month.
Can't wait to see if their new program in February solves these issues

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you all think this sportcoat fits (first 2 pics are the same jacket - just different lighting)? The body and sleeve length can be altered, of course. But, I'm more concerned about the shoulder fit. For comparison, the last pic is another jacket that I think fits me pretty well in the shoulders.

KAN4gLs.jpg

RequsEq.jpg

dB8RHK3.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see if their new program in February solves these issues
I'm skeptical, my critiques of the MTM shirt program span years. Here comes another reaming.

I always thought Proper Cloth was too expensive initially.

The irony is I spent more $$$ buying faulty shirts from S&M in the MTM program, in terms of quality control, vs. just going with PC in the first place. This is ignoring the consistent 8 week+ shipping time for all my orders.

In all fairness, the S&M experiments may have helped inform my switch to Proper Cloth, making the transition easier.

I was excited to see more MTM shirt selections for this fall and was met with this.

SOK-2474_shirt-Edit.jpg

From others' comments, they seem to have had success when doing minimal adjustments from stock sizes and just picking a different collar. Basically more on the MTO than true MTM side.

I got suckered in by the last sale and still didn't learn my lesson apparently.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you all think this sportcoat fits (first 2 pics are the same jacket - just different lighting)? The body and sleeve length can be altered, of course. But, I'm more concerned about the shoulder fit. For comparison, the last pic is another jacket that I think fits me pretty well in the shoulders.
Looks great based on the pictures. Nothing wrong with a shoulder that is slightly extended. I don't see any dimpling or rippling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads