• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
The answer was "Recycled Raccoon fur. Repurposed from old fur coats".

That's smart. Nothing you can say is going to change the die-hards' minds anyway since they're not actually interested in improving things, just in breaking what's there. Having a messy discussion on social media, whose format is trash for nuanced discussion, will maybe not make them look more right, but would certainly make you look less right. Best to just tell them to **** off right off the bat, and anyone who is truly serious can have an actual good-faith discussion here or in DMs or something.

osw880

Reaction score
Anyone with experience on Hopsack trousers?

I already owned a Filarte navy hopsack blazer, and I picked up the matching trousers during trouser liquidation (not shipped yet).

I have been reading that hopsack is not an ideal fabric for trousers, but at $49 it seems worth the risk.

I got mine in the mail today! The hopsack fabric isn't too thin at all. As another member mentioned, it is quite tightly woven and especially the deep, rich dark navy colour is super nice.

I typically buy stuff from Susu, but I have to say S&M's trousers are way better as I find Susu pants are a bit too tight.

Mid-grey and dark navy trousers for $110 CAD + tax... just an amazing deal. Thanks S&M.

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_6334.JPG

wildcat10

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail today! The hopsack fabric isn't too thin at all. As another member mentioned, it is quite tightly woven and especially the deep, rich dark navy colour is super nice.

I typically buy stuff from Susu, but I have to say S&M's trousers are way better as I find Susu pants are a bit too tight.

Mid-grey and dark navy trousers for $110 CAD + tax... just an amazing deal. Thanks S&M.

View attachment 1539721
View attachment 1539722
Awesome! Good to hear the fabric isn't too thin and you are happy with the color.

Does the fabric exactly match the blazer?

No shipment notice for my trousers yet, looking forward to getting them

osw880

Reaction score
Awesome! Good to hear the fabric isn't too thin and you are happy with the color.

Does the fabric exactly match the blazer?

No shipment notice for my trousers yet, looking forward to getting them

I don't own the hopsack navy blazer from S&M, so I wouldn't know. Oh, also I really like the fact that this pair is high-rise.. super comfy!

I live in Toronto and that's probably why I got them so quickly. Hopefully you will receive them soon!

nevaeh

Reaction score
What do people think about the parkas? Are they warm? And yea/nay in terms of design and quality?

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Received my cerruti. Honestly this SC is great and easily one of my favorite from the Fw20 collection at the moment. I would say the arms do feel a little snug like mentioned before But I don't plan to be doing much flexing(?) so it'll be alright for me.

Just tried mine on for about 30 seconds. (Was delivered yesterday when I wasn’t home). Definitely snug in the arms. Feels a bit smaller in other places as well. Going to ask my tailor if it’s salvageable. It fits smaller than any of my other Spier suit/sport coats in the same size.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tried mine on for about 30 seconds. (Was delivered yesterday when I wasn’t home). Definitely snug in the arms. Feels a bit smaller in other places as well. Going to ask my tailor if it’s salvageable. It fits smaller than any of my other Spier suit/sport coats in the same size.

This is interesting, given one of the main complaints on SM coats (from me and a few others, not sure how widespread) is that the arms are too roomy. I also bought the above blue/brown check cerruti jacket but haven't tried it on yet. Maybe I will today.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who own both the LS BD polos and shirts with the Italian button down collar, is the collar on the LS BD polos modeled after the the Italian button down collar? The LS BD polo collar has quite a presence and roll.

90shilling

Reaction score
Thoughts and/or experience on cuffs or no cuffs for the covert trousers?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker. Created an account specifically so I could follow this thread for new sales lol.

I remember someone on their instagram addressing this question in a comment:
Instagram post here

The answer was "Recycled Raccoon fur. Repurposed from old fur coats".
Welcome!

If true, that's pretty damn tempting.

Couldn't find the comment though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads