• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had the same thoughts as me about the contemporary trousers (these are the Guabello denim blue).

The overall fit is good, but 1) may need a bit of taper (obviously hemming too), and more importantly 2) the area around the butt/upper right seems to be straight and not have any shape - perhaps the seats needs a bit of tightening?
Input appreciated. I've tried the slim (chinos) below but they were too tight for my liking.

Otherwise, good quality and looks good. Also a photo of what the denim blue looks like in close - material looks great in person, like a bright denim X twill. Will take more photos once everything is tailored.
View attachment 1539267

View attachment 1539268
View attachment 1539269
View attachment 1539270
Colour looks good IRL, as normal looks darker than S&M Photos. As far as fit, I think it fits great and nothing needed in seat or tapering, can't tell about pleat though in photos. Can you button the waistband button or just didn't button in first photo? My taste is also different from other people.

McCalebtosh

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is with the fur on the parkas? I always feel a little weird about wearing fur

Hovi

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is with the fur on the parkas? I always feel a little weird about wearing fur
Simply because it works the best, better than anything out there. Talking specifically about hoods here; try on some jackets when its frigid cold and there's wind. Hoods without fur or even synthetic fur cannot even compare.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a parka. More of a 40/41R chest (185lbs Athletic build), the medium seems like it should do the trick but should I move up to a Large? Would love some insight from those that have purchased.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neo gang. Cerruti. A keeper for sure. Possibly a sleeper of the season.
772BD19A-0D91-4681-860C-864FD97274C1.jpeg

Attachments

• 661E5A6F-1A56-4568-A847-C657BDD2FDC2.jpeg
    661E5A6F-1A56-4568-A847-C657BDD2FDC2.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 780D9CF4-7C34-4E0A-8A33-05A6945D2512.jpeg
    780D9CF4-7C34-4E0A-8A33-05A6945D2512.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 126

wildcat10

Reaction score
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had the same thoughts as me about the contemporary trousers (these are the Guabello denim blue).

The overall fit is good, but 1) may need a bit of taper (obviously hemming too), and more importantly 2) the area around the butt/upper right seems to be straight and not have any shape - perhaps the seats needs a bit of tightening?
Input appreciated. I've tried the slim (chinos) below but they were too tight for my liking.

Otherwise, good quality and looks good. Also a photo of what the denim blue looks like in close - material looks great in person, like a bright denim X twill. Will take more photos once everything is tailored.

Edit - should have clarified, I will also be letting out the waistband (bit tight ATM).
View attachment 1539267

View attachment 1539268
View attachment 1539269
View attachment 1539270
I agree the contemporary dress trousers could use more taper in the leg.

I would not let your experience with the slim chinos discourage you from ordering the slim dress trousers. In my experience, the slim trouser has a lot more room than the slim chino.

My own particular solution has been to order 1 size larger in the slim trousers, then just take in the waist.

The color looks great!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simply because it works the best, better than anything out there. Talking specifically about hoods here; try on some jackets when its frigid cold and there's wind. Hoods without fur or even synthetic fur cannot even compare.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a parka. More of a 40/41R chest (185lbs Athletic build), the medium seems like it should do the trick but should I move up to a Large? Would love some insight from those that have purchased.
My personal hesitancy would be around the sourcing of the fur in term of ethics, not the fur itself.

Canada Goose is notorious for this with the coyote trapping debacle.

Though to argue against myself, I eat meat and wear leather, sooooo this may be splitting hairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads