• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

michael1121

Reaction score
After receiving my sportcoat liquidation order today, I can say the new garment bags are a very nice surprise. The button fasteners are more convenient than the zippers everyone else uses, and the plastic window is really helpful when you have dozens of S&M black garment bags hanging next to each other. I just wish I could trade all the old ones for the new windowed bags...

tripreed

Reaction score
After receiving my sportcoat liquidation order today, I can say the new garment bags are a very nice surprise. The button fasteners are more convenient than the zippers everyone else uses, and the plastic window is really helpful when you have dozens of S&M black garment bags hanging next to each other. I just wish I could trade all the old ones for the new windowed bags...

I agree, a nice upgrade! Though it still bugs me that they zip up from the bottom.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2019 Drago check, Moon oatmeal trouser, English blue shirt

146E271D-A59E-4E2D-85DC-CD9490743BB8.jpeg

Last edited:

osw880

Reaction score
Anyone with experience on Hopsack trousers?

I already owned a Filarte navy hopsack blazer, and I picked up the matching trousers during trouser liquidation (not shipped yet).

I have been reading that hopsack is not an ideal fabric for trousers, but at $49 it seems worth the risk.

I also bought this pair last Friday and never thought of the "hopsack fabric for trouser" issue. I will share some pics once they arrive.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought that picture looked ridiculous for showing ideal pleated trousers. He looks like a walking pear.

I like this picture better for showing rise. Once the rise gets this high, it doesn't look so good without a jacket, only with a jacket.

5f14b4664fc22a12bb76ad26eb659e9a.jpg

It makes a big difference when seen without a jacket, I agree. What I was getting at is the sort of cut that trousers would need in order to hang properly without bagging once they're sitting on the natural waist. For anything I intend to wear without a jacket, I prefer a lower rise.

Even with a jacket, I think trousers at the proper waist look better with three-piece or double-breasted suits, since everyone seems to have a tendency to open their suit jackets these days.

But I can never bring myself to undo my jacket buttons whilst seated. I generally get around this by having my manservant carry along three replacement jackets at all times. When I am obliged to seat myself, the former jacket is removed from me, and a new one substituted upon my rising. Thus I never deal with the difficulty.

It goes without saying that I never seat myself more than three times in a single outing, for I find that somewhat unreasonable.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I held out all fall....but liquidation sale got me. Snatched up 2 that I've wanted since drop, and two that I hadn't planned on. Originally wanted the green donegal since it's Neo cut but not available in my size today. Need more brown in my closet so maybe the brown donegal will help. I've also wanted a gun check but have always missed out on the ones i've wanted. Not too sure about this one and had never seen it before, but's it's a little funky and I like blue/brown combos so we'll see.

- Brown Donegal FW20
- Burgundy Birdseye FW20
- Blue/Brown Cerruti Check FW20
- EThomas Blue and Brown Gun Check SS?? (hadn't seen before)

These four arrived - all keepers. 10 days from order to delivery, U.S. east coast. Pretty good for COVID/Holiday/International shipping.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Has anyone used Spier’s hemming service they now offer for pants? If so, what’s the consensus... are they consistent? Have they turned out how you wanted them to?

weeqi

Reaction score
For those not on IG:
Spring Preview SC’s, look like Linen maybe?
The green one looks good enough I might buy it full price. I love the three roll 2 they do, and the ticket pocket is nice. My fingers are crossed for linen/cotton.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not big on solid sportcoats aside from the classic navy blazer. I prefer a classic pattern. This is a little plain.
Eh, I like neutrals, but usually if they have a good texture like the Drago Wool/Linen fabrics. Neutrals will always have their place as they will go with anything, rather than worrying if any patterns will clash

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads