• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gianm

Reaction score
Got my brown houndstooth too. Left shoulder fit feels a bit off on mine. Otherwise, the fit is not too bad.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures would be nice!

I'm assuming in real person it looks a lot closer to the pictures from @dapperclassic ?

I’d say my pics are accurate
1CE609DB-5825-4964-A57D-4E5A848551C3.jpeg
C6AE7557-29B7-45E2-A755-86A53C0FE23F.jpeg

wildcat10

Reaction score
I finally had time today to unpack the Angelico green tweed I purchased at the end of boxing day sale.

I went back and forth on this one a lot, mainly because I thought maybe it was TOO green, based on the website pictures. Now that I have it in front of me, it is definitely not too green. The green is a lot more subtle, a lot darker than in the S&M website. If you are on the fence because you think it might be too green, don't worry.

The fabric is beautiful, very smooth, and it feels a lot lighter than the Moon tweeds. That's good for me, as I'll get more wear out of it through the year.

Thank you to @1st Step and others who have posted pictures of it before.

1610844661923.png 1610844840730.png

Rassul-3D

Reaction score
Pictures would be nice!

I'm assuming in real person it looks a lot closer to the pictures from @dapperclassic ?

Yeah, I cant take pics right now but to get a good sense of the colors it's more like his post with the green polo. I think the tan color is pretty visible there.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Question on the peacoat- does the middle left button stitching go through the chest pocket? Basically splitting the left hand when in the pocket. I tried a different size last year but don’t necessarily remember that

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally had time today to unpack the Angelico green tweed I purchased at the end of boxing day sale.

I went back and forth on this one a lot, mainly because I thought maybe it was TOO green, based on the website pictures. Now that I have it in front of me, it is definitely not too green. The green is a lot more subtle, a lot darker than in the S&M website. If you are on the fence because you think it might be too green, don't worry.

The fabric is beautiful, very smooth, and it feels a lot lighter than the Moon tweeds. That's good for me, as I'll get more wear out of it through the year.

Thank you to @1st Step and others who have posted pictures of it before.

View attachment 1537113 View attachment 1537118

You Nailed (Very Smooth) The Description, And Thank you!

jrdngr

Reaction score
Question on the peacoat- does the middle left button stitching go through the chest pocket? Basically splitting the left hand when in the pocket. I tried a different size last year but don’t necessarily remember that
No, doesn’t go through.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have real-life pic of this year's camel DB coat?

Jlee80

Reaction score
There's a lot of things you can add or change in notes people don't realize.
One of the reasons I love Spier
Does anyone know or has anyone had sleeve alterations done on a suit jacket by entering your specifications in the notes?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know or has anyone had sleeve alterations done on a suit jacket by entering your specifications in the notes?
I believe they aren't at the capacity to do this right now, but I believe it is to be added sometime this year on the website

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the Grey Herringbone Overcoat back in stock in my size after it sold out quickly. Decided to sleep on it like all my purchases. Woke up and knew I wanted it, so went to buy it and someone happened to buy my size in it. Curse you whoever stole it from me ?
Now contemplating the Balmacaan, but unsure if I like the Charcoal Herringbone

JIMIG

Reaction score
Found this among the MTO suit fabrics. How do you think mocklino trousers would look? I guess my question is what do you guys think is the better blazer suit material: traditional fresco or mocklino?

Attachments

• C7089B9A-AE9E-42F9-9B49-A45EBC98063A.jpeg
    C7089B9A-AE9E-42F9-9B49-A45EBC98063A.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 77

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if SM will hem the casual chinos that are on Clearance? The Tailoring drop-down is not shown on the webpages for the chinos, as it is for the dress trousers, which implies that they do not want to hem chinos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads